I've been struggling this past few days trying to accomplish a custom task editor with custom fields and validators for the Gantt widget.
I got to the point in wich:
1) The only way to edit a Task, is by double clicking the task in the gantt graphic side
2) I wired up the edit event so It opens a custom template edit form (wich have some extra fields and some validations (I didn't put all of them for demo purpuses) with some textboxes, calendars and maskedtextboxes
3) When I edit some values (for example, the title of the task) and then click on the "save" button, It doesn't save the modified value :(
4) In the "onEdit" function I don't know exactly how to update the model so changes are visible in the Gantt, documentation found here: https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/intro/widget-basics/editing#adding-editors-without-using-mvvm-bindings
says: "wire the change event of the editor and update the model accordingly." but that is where i'm stucked
1) In te "onEdit" function set the properties directly like "e.task.title = 'Some Value'" but no luck
2) In my custom edit template use for example "<input type="text" name="title" style="display:none;"/>" and then tryied to update the value of that input but no luck either
3) Everything from above but in the "onSave" function, obviously didn't work either :P
4) I've seen there are some functions like "e.task._notifyChange" or "e.task.change" or "e.task.set" functions but couldn't find any documentation for those.
In case you are wondering why I need a custom template?, because my client wants some custom dates to be disabled while selecting start or end date, also I have to calculate the number of work days between the selected dates, show the completePercentage without the decimal parts, and other bussiness rules like those.
I have set up this Dojo example, and some images to clarify my problem. Just double click on "Sub Tarea 1.2" and make some changes
Any suggestions are very appriciated