This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Creating 100 K rows with 175 columns in silverlight datagrid

4 Answers 50 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rajesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rajesh asked on 24 Mar 2011, 12:01 AM
Hi,

I am trying to generate 100 k record with 175 columns using Silverlight DaaTable project provided by you people.But in that case it gives me out of memory exception.
Please let me know how do i generate such datatable.

Regards,
Rajesh

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rajesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Mar 2011, 04:26 PM
Hi,

I have created two threads including this.
The other thread's URI is
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/gridview/printing-data-which-we-are-getting-in-chunks.aspx

Its been quite some time but did not get any reponse.
Can telerik admin provide me solution for this.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 29 Mar 2011, 07:19 AM
Hi,

Holding such amount of data in-memory will definitely lead to such exceptions. You should virtualize your data - something similar to this demo for example. If you want to print paged grid you can use the approach from this demo.

Best wishes,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Rajesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2011, 01:08 AM
Thanks Vlad for your response.
The sample which you have created is using Observable collection(for 10 M record).
Thats why you are able to create 10 M records.
You try same thing with Datatable project provided by telerik with 100 columns you will get same error which i am getting.

The printing demo is not taking care about columns.So if there are more columns than a printable page can contain it will cut that.Isn't this the case??

Please provide me some solution for this.From last 5-6 days i am looking for solution for these issues.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2011, 06:52 AM
Hi,

The grid in our UI virtualization demo is bound to a collection of an item with a single property - cell values are virtual. The printing is not a built-in feature - you have full access to the code in our demo and you can modify it to fit your needs. 

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Rajesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rajesh
Top achievements