This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Coverting pixel values to chart scale values

4 Answers 126 Views
Charts
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mohomed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mohomed asked on 26 Sep 2017, 05:49 AM
Hi, Is there any method to convert pixel values to the chart scale values ? Or is there any way to have access to manipulate the chart axes?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 27 Sep 2017, 11:58 AM
Hello, Mohomed,

In general, the Chart axis has many properties which will allow customization on how the Charts are rendered:

http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/dataviz/ui/chart#configuration-categoryAxis

http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/dataviz/ui/chart#configuration-valueAxis

Currently, there is no out of the box method which will convert pixels into Chart scale value, the Chart is making the calculations automatically and it allows the developer to make different modifications based on the desired setup.

If there is a specific task that has to be achieved, please provide more details and I will gladly assist.

Regards,
Stefan
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Mohomed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2017, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I am trying to implement drag and drop to allow movement of chart element like bars, in Kendo UI on top of Angular 4. But I'll need to use JQuery to achieve this which only gives the displacement of the element in pixels. But if I am to reflect the change to the data source I need to have access to the X/Y axis scale to convert the pixel values to the chart scale values, which I didn't come across in the Kendo UI's API documentation for Angular. Can you suggest a way to implement this.
Mohomed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2017, 04:35 AM

Also is it possible for me to use DragEvent/DragStartEvent/DragEndEvent to implement drag and drop on individual chart elements like

bars or pie chart slices, i.e. elements that are directly bound to the data source ?

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2017, 12:26 PM
Hello, Mohomed,

Thank you for clarifying that this is an Angular 4 application.

We have native Chart for Angular 2+:

http://www.telerik.com/kendo-angular-ui/components/charts/

As they are supported by a different team if you need more details, could you please submit a supported ticket with category Angular 2+ and my colleagues will gladly assist.

Regards,
Stefan
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
Charts
Asked by
Mohomed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Mohomed
Top achievements
Rank 1