This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Connection Problem using v2019.3.705.1

5 Answers 300 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul Ridden
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Paul Ridden asked on 08 Oct 2019, 08:54 AM
Hi. I get a connection problem when I try to run the current Control Panel. Please advise.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikola
Telerik team
answered on 09 Oct 2019, 06:28 AM

Hi Paul,

I have checked and there are no issues with our services and they are up and running. In this regard could please check that there is no firewall or antivirus software that blocks the Progress Control Panel and the requests it makes? If this is the case, I would recommend you add the following URLs to the firewall security list:

- www.telerik.com
- identity.telerik.com
- dl.telerik.com
- dle.telerik.com
- downloads.cdn.telerik.com

The following could also affect communication with our services:

1. There are no corporate policies that may restrict the connection to our servers
2. There is a proxy server configured. In this case, you need to provide the server credentials in the window that is shown.

In case you are not using a proxy and there is nothing blocking the Progress Control Panel requests, but the application still doesn't work, please get back to us for further assistance.

Regards,
Nikola
Progress Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Paul Ridden
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 10 Oct 2019, 10:05 AM

Hi Nikola,

I have been told by my I.T. department that we have no firewalls that could be affecting this. I have also tried running the Control Panel without our anti-virus running and I still see the same connection error.

I am not using a proxy.

I'm executing the ProgressControlPanelSetupA_2019_3_0705_1.exe as administrator.

But my Google Chrome can browse to https://www.telerik.com/services/ProductVersion/Service.svc 

What should I try next?

Thanks,

Paul

Nikola
Telerik team
answered on 11 Oct 2019, 10:21 AM

Hi Paul,

In order for us to be able to investigate the matter further, we will need a log from the web requests of the Control Panel.  Telerik FiddlerCap is very useful for that purpose. Here is how to generate the log:

1. Download and install Telerik FiddlerCap.
2. Launch Telerik FiddlerCap.
3. Make sure Decrypt HTTPS traffic is selected.
4. Launch Progress Control Panel and login.
5. Click on Start Capture.
6. Reproduce the problem with the Control Panel.
7. Click on Stop Capture.
8. Save the session and send us the log (the SAZ file).

Meantime, if you need to install or update a product, you can download it from your downloads page.

Regards,
Nikola
Progress Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Umasankar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 30 Oct 2020, 01:50 PM

Hi Team,

I am trying to install "ProgressControlPanelSetupA_2020_2_0916_1" , but I face connection problem.

Could you please let me know how to resolve it.

Nikola
Telerik team
answered on 03 Nov 2020, 02:14 PM

Hello Umasankar,

I am sorry to hear you have difficulties using the Progress Control Panel.

As mentioned previously in the thread, please ensure that there is no firewall or antivirus software that blocks our application and the requests it makes? If this is the case, I would recommend you add the following URLs to the firewall security list:

- www.telerik.com
- identity.telerik.com
- dl.telerik.com
- dle.telerik.com
- downloads.cdn.telerik.com

Also, check if there are any corporate policies that could restrict your connectivity or perhaps a proxy that replays the connection. In the latter case, you need to provide the server credentials in the window that is shown.

If non of the above is valid in your case, please send us a log from the web requests when the Progress Control Panel tries to connect. Telerik FiddlerCap is very useful for that purpose. Steps on how to generate the log are available in this thread.

I hope this will help you and I am looking forward to your reply otherwise.

Regards,
Nikola
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Paul Ridden
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Nikola
Telerik team
Paul Ridden
Top achievements