This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Connect to MS AS 2008

4 Answers 46 Views
PivotGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Aleksey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Aleksey asked on 03 Sep 2013, 10:10 AM
Hello!
I want to connect PivotGrid with MS AS 2008 R2. I deploy a pump on IIS. It's work with Management Studio.
Then I add a xaml form with next code:
<UserControl x:Class="ExpertSchetWeb.SL.View.QueryDesignerView"

mc:Ignorable="d"
    d:DesignHeight="300" d:DesignWidth="400">

<UserControl.Resources>
            <pivot:XmlaDataProvider x:Key="DataProvider">
                <pivot:XmlaDataProvider.ConnectionSettings>
                    <pivot:XmlaConnectionSettings
                        Cube="MyCubeName"
                        Database="MyDB"
                        ServerAddress="http://192.168.0.1:8100/msmdpump.dll"/>
                </pivot:XmlaDataProvider.ConnectionSettings>
            </pivot:XmlaDataProvider>  
        </UserControl.Resources>

<Grid>
            <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                <ColumnDefinition Width="3*" />
                <ColumnDefinition Width="*" />
            </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
            <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                <RowDefinition Height="*" />
                <RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
            </Grid.RowDefinitions>

<pivot:RadPivotGrid x:Name="Pivot" Grid.RowSpan="2" DataProvider="{StaticResource DataProvider}" />
            <pivot:RadPivotFieldList x:Name="FieldList" Grid.Column="1" Margin="4 0 0 0" DataProvider="{StaticResource DataProvider}"/>
        </Grid>
</UserControl>
I see transparent on first column and no data in second.
What I am doing wrong?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2013, 11:38 AM
Hi Aleksey,

Most probably there is a problem with the setup of the access. Could you check this article in our online help and confirm you have executed all steps? I would also recommend you to trace requests and responses via Fiddler. You can check this article which explains how to use Fiddler to debug XmlaDataProvider problems.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Aleksey
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Sep 2013, 11:34 AM
Hello!
Thanks! Via Fiddler I saw that files clientaccesspolicy.xml and crossdomain.xml were needed. I correct It.

But I have new issues:
1) When I check some Measures in RadPivotFieldList I have this: <Error ErrorCode="3238658052" Description="The CubeName cube either does not exist or has not been processed." Source="Службы Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" />. But I sure there is that cube because information showed in RadPivotFieldList and if I do MDX query in Management Studio all OK.
And I saw that query doesn't have CATALOG name except query, that request database schema:
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><br>  <soap:Header /><br>  <soap:Body><br>    <Execute xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis"><br>      <Command><br>        <Statement>SELECT NON EMPTY { [Measures].[SomeMeasure] } DIMENSION PROPERTIES PARENT_UNIQUE_NAME,HIERARCHY_UNIQUE_NAME ON COLUMNS FROM [CubeName]</Statement><br>      </Command><br>      <Properties><br>        <PropertyList><br>          <Format>Multidimensional</Format><br>          <Content>Data</Content><br>        </PropertyList><br>      </Properties><br>    </Execute><br>  </soap:Body><br></soap:Envelope>
When I add Catalog name in Fiddler I got result. How to fix this behavior?
2) When I try to drag-and-drop fields from top list (fields) I got NullReferenceException.
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 04 Sep 2013, 12:16 PM
Hi Aleksey,

This is quite strange. The second exception is obviously connected with the first one. I've tested via Fiddler some of our cubes, and all of my requests had Catalog name specified. May I ask you for the exact version of RadControls that you are using - there were some problems in the past with this, but this was when RadPivotGrid was still in Beta phase. Also can you confirm that you have executed all steps described in this article?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Aleksey
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Sep 2013, 06:43 AM
Hello,
Thank you. You are so fast and absolutly right! Yesterday I update it from 2012.2 to 2013.2, but reference have been still old. Now everything works good!
Tags
PivotGrid
Asked by
Aleksey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
Aleksey
Top achievements
Rank 1