This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Comparison of Telerik Platform vs. Firebase 2016

1 Answer 97 Views
General Discussion
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chris asked on 19 May 2016, 09:21 PM

Hi, I'd love to hear about what Telerik's and fellow users thoughts are of the Telerik Platform vs. where Google is taking Firebase.  There seems to be quite a bit of overlap.  Google still comes up short on some items such as running cloud code and some integrations, but may lead with analytics/reporting, ad integration.  

My needs are that of a cross platform, Angular2 developer using NativeScript.  My projects are sometime enterprise, though often free-standing .

Looking forward to people's thoughts!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Anton Dobrev
Telerik team
answered on 23 May 2016, 03:52 PM
Hi Chris,

Indeed, this is a very interesting question.

The features described in the blog post you referenced and other resources on the web are very appealing and surely will hand over valuable pieces of functionality to developers.

Аs you correctly observed both offerings have something in common and some differentiation features. That is why I strongly urge you to carefully examine what kind of features you will need for your current and future application development plans.

In Telerik Platform one may expect a focused NativeScript support and an end-to-end application development solution. Do not hesitate to contact us with more details on your apps requirements and we will be happy equip you with more information on how to make the most out of a Telerik Platform subscription and from the available/upcoming Telerik Platform features.

Disclaimer: I am a member of the Telerik Platform team.

Regards,
Anton Dobrev
Telerik

Everlive is now Telerik Backend Services, and is part of the Telerik Platform.

Tags
General Discussion
Asked by
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Anton Dobrev
Telerik team
Share this question
or