6 Answers, 1 is accepted
Could you please elaborate more which clear button you mean - The RadAutoCompleteView Entry (x) button or the RadAutoCompleteView Tokens (x) button?
1) AutoCompleteView Entry (x) button does not provide customization options.
2) Tokens (x) button could be customized through the TokenTemplate property. I have attached a sample that shows how to achieve this. Note that when the RadAutoCompleteView Token Template is used its override the default template. In this case you should add the "X" icon manually. The icon is located in the telerikfontexamples.ttf file. For more details regarding this check the following link from our documentation: https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/xamarin/styling-and-appearance/telerik-font-icons
Please review the attached sample (The icon is defined as a resource in the App.xaml file and used in the AutoCompleteView TokenTemplate - MainPage.xaml file) and let me know if you have any further questions.
Hi , Option 1 AutoCompleteView Entry (x). ;(
another question regarding AutoCompleteView, can you Data Binding to commands?
I am just replacing the search bar in our app with the AutoCompleteView , we have implemented MVVM with search Commands on the viewModel. for example
I am glad to hear you want to use the RadAutoCompleteView in your app.
Regarding to the question: "Can you Data Binding to commands?" - Currently the RadAutoCompleteView control does not provide a commands equivalent to the AutoCompleteView events. In this case you will need to use the Xamarin.Forms EventToCommandBehavior.
I have attached a sample that shows how the EventToCommands behavior could be implemented for the AutoCompleteView - SuggesionItemSelected event.
I hope this will help.
Why can't we change the template of the close button ? Did you test your component ? 7 times / 10 the tap doesn't trigger the clear command because it seems to be a label instead of a button so only the text and not the area is touchable : if you tap anywhere other than the char itself (not between the gap : the white area of the char : its background) it doesn't work.
Most of my users report me a feedback : "the x on the search bar doesn't work", "the x work 1/5 time".
The workaround I came with is to have a button which overlay the search entry and trigger a command which clear the Text. The problem with this approach is that it doesn't look as well integrated.
It's sad because this control is nice but not being able to clear the text because the size of the clear tag is way too small is a drama.
I am sorry to hear about the issue with the AutoCompleteView clear button.
Let me get straight to the questions:
1) Template for close button? - RadAutoCompleteView does not provide template for its input field and clear button. The available templates are described in our help article:Custom Templates Overview
2) Did you test your component ? - Yes, I can assure you that the control is tested from our QAs.
3) Issue with clear button? - As we haven't been reported such an issue, I will need some additional details on your setup. Which displaymode is used plane or tokens? On which OS device/emulator the issue can be reproduced? Versions of Xamarin and Telerik used in the project?
Please open a support ticket and attach a stripped-down version of the project where the issue could be reproduced. In this way we could research the case further. Also include the additional details asked above.