We are facing an issue with our Telerik report in Chrome browser. It was perfectly fine until now, however we can access the report with other browsers like Firefox.
It seems that there is an update in JQuery which is causing problem, there is a warning message we are getting in developer console of Chrome "jquery-3.1.1.min.js:4 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/"
Telerik Report is loading fully but applying a CSS class trv-nav-input in a Chrome Browser with a height 99% to the report header hence covering the whole report. As soon as we fix the height of header, we can see the report.
Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated.
5 Answers, 1 is accepted
Also check if external CSS rules are messing the HTML rendered for the HTML5 Viewer and its content by inspecting the HTML content and the style inheritance.
On a side note, we try to monitor forums, but we cannot guarantee you reply by Telerik representative in a timely manner. If it is an emergency, our recommendation is to use the support ticketing system.
Telerik by Progress
We have tried the Jquery that came with Kendo 2016.3.914, it was working fine but after some days it is showing up the same error in Chrome.
This is how we are implementing it.
Here is the code.
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1" />
<link href="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2015.3.930/styles/kendo.common.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2015.3.930/styles/kendo.blueopal.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<div class="col-md-12" style="display:none;" id="ReportViewerId">
font-family: Verdana, Arial;
var reportViewer = $("#reportViewer1").data("telerik_ReportViewer");
reportViewer.UseNativePrinting = "False"
Please note that the code was working perfectly fine from last 2-3 months.
And it is working perfectly fine in FireFox, only the Google Chrome is giving the issue. Google Chrome version we have tested are all same. Sometimes it stops working after 1-2 days
The attached screenshot is the result of displaying a view with the following settings:
Let us know how to modify the code snippet to reproduce the problem. Feel free to open a support ticket and send us a demo project in a ZIP file.
On a side note, test clearing the browser's cache and reload the page with the viewer.
Telerik by Progress