This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Chart Issue After Upgrade to R3 2018

1 Answer 114 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Benjamin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Benjamin asked on 05 Oct 2018, 01:42 AM

Hi,

I have issue with chart after upgrade kendo libraries to R3 2018 (ver. 2018.3.911.545). Here is my code snippet:

@(Html.Kendo().Chart(Model.ListChartOfProjectHistory)
.Name("MyProjectHistoryChart")
.Series(series =>
{
series.Line(s => s.QuoteValue).Color("#8ACD16").Name("My Projects")
.Tooltip(true);
series.Line(s => s.OfficeQuoteValue).Color("#2698DB").Name("My Office Projects")
.Tooltip(true);
})
.Legend(legend => legend
.Position(ChartLegendPosition.Bottom)
)
.ValueAxis(axis => axis.Numeric().Labels(labels => labels.Format("{0:N0}")))
.CategoryAxis(axis => axis
.Categories(c => c.MonthValue)
)
.Tooltip(tooltip => tooltip.Visible(true).Format("C2"))
.HtmlAttributes(new { style = "border-style:none;height:300px" })
.Events(events => events.LegendItemClick("refreshHistory"))
)

and this is my layout with references:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <title>@ViewBag.Title</title>
    <meta name="SKYPE_TOOLBAR" content="SKYPE_TOOLBAR_PARSER_COMPATIBLE" />
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="@Url.Content("~/Content/images/favicon.gif")" type="image/x-icon" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Site.css?v=123")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/css/global.css?v=123")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo.dataviz.min.css?ver=1.1")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo.common.min.css?ver=1.1")" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo.default.min.css?ver=1.1")" rel="stylesheet" />
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo.dataviz.min.js?ver=1.1")"></script>   
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo.web.min.js?ver=1.1")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js?ver=1.1")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/corners.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/menu.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.validate.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

I also already updated it with telerik.ui.for.aspnetmvc.hotfix.2018.3.911.commercial libraries but still getting the same error. Fyi my project use MVC 5 and bootstrap 4.

Any thoughts on how to fix this greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetina
Telerik team
answered on 08 Oct 2018, 04:11 PM
Hi Benjamin,

We do not have an issue logged about such an error in the latest version, so we would need to do some troubleshooting to see what causes the issue.

My first guess would be conflicting scripts. Could you try removing the references to kendo.web.min.js and kendo.dataviz.min.js  and putting kendo.all.min.js in their place? This is to confirm that there is no conflict between the two sub-libraries. As noted in the documentation about the Kendo UI combined scripts, only one of the combined JavaScript files can be included at a time, because each of them includes the Kendo UI framework. To simultaneously use widgets from different Kendo UI suites, use the kendo.all.min.js or build a custom script.

Regards,
Tsvetina
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Benjamin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsvetina
Telerik team
Share this question
or