In case others have the issue, I have posted my question on Stack Overflow.
Here's a simplified example of my data:
What I want is a chart title of: Total FOO: 8. So the title must be based on the data. The data is AJAX and this is an ASP.MVC application.
In my CSHTML I have:
Here's the crazy hack I had to do:
This is really bad.
1. Accessing the kendoChart returns undefined, yet the chart itself called this. This is why I need to check if (chart) above.
2. This leads to a hacky ELSE block I added where I can call this again with a 500 ms delay. This alone is a bug as 500ms is a random number and may not be enough. I can't ship like this.
3. To prevent recursion I call the same function with a different parameter.
4. If the values are found, then I can't just set the chart options. I need to call refresh which redraws everything.
1. Why is the kendoChart data undefined initially? Why has Telerik called dataBound when there's nothing there?!
2. Isn't there a dataBinding event? I don't want to do this after the fact nor do I want to refresh the whole thing.