This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Changing Theme at Run-Time Shrinks Height of MasterGrid's Column Headers and Filter Rows in 2009Q3 Final

3 Answers 55 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tom Chien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tom Chien asked on 20 Nov 2009, 07:01 PM
When I change theme at run-time, it shrinks Height of the MasterGridViewTemplate's Column Headers and Filter Rows in the Final Release of Q3 2009 (2009.3.9.1103).  It does not do that in Q2 2009 (2009.2.9.729) or even Q3 2009 Beta (2009.2.9.1016) .

Telerik WinForms 2009Q3 (2009.3.9.1103), VB, VS 2005 (v8.0.50727.762 SP.050727-7600), .Net 2.0 (2.0.50727), XP SP3, 3GB, 2.99GHZ, Core2Duo.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2009, 02:41 PM
Hi Tom,

I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please specify the theme that you have set. I will investigate this case further.

Best wishes,
Jack
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tom Chien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Nov 2009, 05:01 PM
It happens when I start with the Vista ("Vista") Theme in the Designer and switch to the default ("") Theme at run-time or vice versa.

Once the Rows' Heights are shrunk, they stay shrunk even if I switch back to the designed Theme.

Whenever the Filter Row's Height is shrunk, if I click on the Filter Row, its Height returns to normal.  That doesn't happen with the Column Headers Row.  The RadGridView was added to my Form in Q2 2009 ().

When I switch Themes at run-time, I simply set RadGridView's ThemeName Property to the same value I would in the Designer.  Then I refresh the Grid as if I were loading the Form for the 1st time (see code block).  My RadGridView's Designer settings are all at default except for the ThemeName.  It's a 4-level Grid with multiple Tabs (some sharing Datasets) bound to Datasets filled by SqlDataAdapter's.

If bDfltProdsViewLoaded Then 
                ' -- Save Layout so user won't have to re-modify Layout everytime he refreshes. 
                .SaveLayout(strUserDfltPtionProdsViewFPath) 
            End If ' -- bDfltProdsViewLoaded 

' -- Clear / Set Options of Master Grid. 
            .Columns.Clear() 
            .Relations.Clear() 
            .Groups.Clear() 

.AutoScroll = True 

' -- .AutoSizeRows = True leaves no padding between the Rows!?! 
            .AutoSizeRows = True 

.EnableFiltering = True 
            .MultiSelect = True 
            With .MasterGridViewTemplate 
                .ChildGridViewTemplates.Clear() 
                .GroupByExpressions.Clear() 
                .SortExpressions.Clear() 

.AllowAddNewRow = False 
                .AllowDeleteRow = False 
                .AllowEditRow = False 

.AutoSizeColumnsMode = Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewAutoSizeColumnsMode.None 
            End With ' -- .MasterGridViewTemplate 

Jack
Telerik team
answered on 27 Nov 2009, 09:24 AM
Hello Tom Chien,

I was able to reproduce a similar issue by using custom cell padding set when handling ViewCellFormatting event. Another condition is to attach to the event after setting the data source. Please, could you confirm that this is the case. If not, it will help if you send us your project. This way it will be easier to reproduce the issue and find a solution.

Sincerely yours,
Jack
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Tom Chien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
Tom Chien
Top achievements
Rank 1