This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot use .net standard with V2019

6 Answers 91 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
David asked on 21 Apr 2019, 02:39 PM

Why when I go file new project telerik app for xamrian that the project still builds with a pcl libary ealrier posts seem to say that it now can build with .net standard.

However this is def not the case in Visual Studio 2019 Community release version.

https://www.screencast.com/t/ZctVU8JOT

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2019, 08:34 AM
Hello David,

Thank you for sending the video.

I have just checked the Project Wizard for Xamarin.Forms projects in Visual Studio 2019 and indeed, there is a .Net Framework selector in the initial screen where .Net Standard option is missing, however, this field is disregarded when creating the solution. I mean that the Target Framework of the created Xamarin.Forms project is always .Net Standard 2.0.

We will check whether we could remove the initial selector in order to avoid the confusion.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Regards,
Yana
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Apr 2019, 10:04 AM

Yana,

That is technically in correct the project still creates a pcl libary one so it does on selection.

Yana
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2019, 10:36 AM
Hello David,

The created project is .Net Standard, just the namespace and assembly name are left with  "Portable" naming.  I've attached a short video to show you how it looks at my side.

Could you check it out and let me know whether it's different on your side?

Regards,
Yana
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Apr 2019, 10:43 AM

Sorry it actually is .net standard what is in correct however is the project name within visual studio its showing portable that leaves a missconception open that it would be a pcl libary.

https://www.screencast.com/t/4DJePSV8

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Apr 2019, 10:44 AM

It actually is .net standard what is wrong is the fact you call it a portable libary which then leads to the confusion that its not a .net standard project.

https://www.screencast.com/t/4DJePSV8

Yana
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2019, 10:56 AM
Hi David,

Yes, that's the case - the namespace and the assembly name have "Portable" naming. We will consider removing it per your feedback.

I am sorry for the caused confusion.

Regards,
Yana
Progress Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team
David
Top achievements
Rank 1