This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot upgrade via Telerik menu in VS 2010

1 Answer 100 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ryan asked on 23 Apr 2011, 05:01 AM
I saw the sticky post - this is NOT related (even though I *am* a dev license holder).

I tried using the Upgrade wizard but my login never works (though obviously I know my username and password from being signed in to post this). I then installed Telerik_Extensions_for_ASPNET_MVC_2011_1_315_OpenSource.msi.

Now, I receive this error when I click Telerik ... Extensions ... Upgrade:
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
[A]Telerik.UserSettings.Data.UserSettingCollection cannot be cast to [B]Telerik.UserSettings.Data.UserSettingCollection. Type A originates from 'Telerik.UserSettings, Version=2010.3.1317.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0dfdc51bd06071b4' in the context 'LoadFrom' at location 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Telerik\Telerik MVC VSExtensions\2010.3.1317.0\Telerik.UserSettings.dll'. Type B originates from 'Telerik.UserSettings, Version=2011.1.315.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0dfdc51bd06071b4' in the context 'LoadFrom' at location 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Telerik\Telerik MVC VSExtensions\2011.1.315.0\Telerik.UserSettings.dll'.
OK   

We purchased a license so your help would be appreciated.

You also have a bug in telerik.list.min.js (seen when using filter/auto complete) - empty or null string items cause the JS to fail, so I had to add .tostring() to these lines (I think around line 144), like this:

d(false, function (h, g) {
    return g.tostring().slice(0, h.length).toLowerCase() == h.toLowerCase()
}), d(true, function (h, g) {
    return g.tostring() && g.tostring().toLowerCase().indexOf(h.toLowerCase()) != -1
})]

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 25 Apr 2011, 06:47 AM
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the report and sorry for the troubles!

I just checked your account and I couldn't find a purchase license for the Telerik MVC UI Extensions besides the OpenSource license. Can you ensure you used this same login when making the purchase?

As per the UserSettings dialog error, in the behind, this is again related to having multiple versions of the common Telerik VSX assemblies loaded in the Visual Studio AppDomain. We are working on providing a good fix for that, but you could use the workaround in the Method 'GetProjectWrap' does not have an implementation forum post.

With regards to the JavaScript error you mentioned, we are checking the issue now and will get back to you soon.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Share this question
or