This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can i cerate setup in Vs2008 using Telerik controls..?

3 Answers 49 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ravi Prakash
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ravi Prakash asked on 04 Mar 2010, 05:55 AM
Dear Friends,

If  i am ignorant please ignore that and let me know, can i create setup for my windows application using telerik controls(i.e. replacing "Next" button with a telerik button)..? are you providing any strategy to make that possible..?

i know we have to write bootstrpper to modify screens of set up project in vs2008 but i want to clarify whether you are providing any way to achieve that.

any suggestion may help me a lot.

Thanks,
Regards,
Ravi

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 08 Mar 2010, 03:25 PM
Hi Ravi Prakash,

Thank you for writing. Yes, you can create a new Bootstrap with our controls. In this case you should implement all Bootstrap actions manually (like extract and launch the MSI, check for prerequisite) and do IL merge of our dlls. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Ravi Prakash
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Mar 2010, 05:36 AM
Dear Peter,

I am feeling sorry for asking this question but i have no alternative.i need a guiding application or article to create my own Bootstrap.
if you people know any link regarding creating customized bootstrap, please let me know.
it helps me a lot.

Thanks,
Regards,
Ravi Prakash

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 12 Mar 2010, 08:42 AM
Hi Ravi Prakash,

Thank you for getting back to me. I cannot provide the sample bootstrap application because this is definitely out of our development scope, but I will try to give some hints how bootstrap works.

First, what Bootstrap does. During installation, the bootstrap loader performs the following actions: It checks the target system Windows Installer version and compares it to the minimum required version (here you can put User Interface with our controls), after that if the installation package includes an MSI redistributable for the the targeted platform, extracts the redistributable to a temporary file, otherwise the installation package includes a download URL for the target platform, asks the user for permissions to download the redistributable and store it in a temporary file. Then, extract the embedded .msi package and run Windows Installer with the package. All command line options must be passed to the Windows Installer executable MsiExec.exe

You can read more about setting up an MS Bootstraper here.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Kind regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ravi Prakash
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Ravi Prakash
Top achievements
Rank 1