This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Bugs on KendoUI Web 2014.1.318 - Incompatible with jQuery 1.9.x when running in Chrome

4 Answers 256 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Song Chow
Top achievements
Rank 1
Song Chow asked on 06 May 2014, 04:20 AM
I found a bug in KendoUI Web 2014.1.318 and above + jQuery 1.9 and above + latest Chrome: Follow this step.
1. In an empty HTML (HTML1) page, use AJAX call to load another HTML Page (HTML2).
2. In HTML2 page, load a Kendo Grid that will load a datasource. The script in HTML2 page will run but no datasource display and there is an error "Uncaught TypeError, Undefined is not a function".
If you run HTML2 page directly, no problem. I think this is Kendo UI Grid bug.
Unfortunately, even Kendo have fix the bug, the open source community won't get the latest bug fix anymore. :(
Attached a test program for debugging purpose. Run it in Chrome and you will see the problem but run it in IE or FF have no problem. No problem also if using jQuery 1.8.3 and below or run KendoUI Web 2013 version.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 06 May 2014, 02:29 PM
Hello Song,

I wasn't able to reproduce your issue, but maybe I'm missing something. I've extracted your pages in the Kendo UI Dojo and the Grid seems to load fine and gives no JavaScript errors in latest Chrome. Can you modify my examples, so that I can reproduce the issue and help you fix it? Thank you in advance.
Page 1
Page 2

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Song Chow
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 May 2014, 02:54 AM
This is weird, I run the same VS Project file that I attach earlier, in the latest Chrome and this is what I got (As per attached screen shot).
If I run in IE or FF, no problem OR
if I use jQuery 1.8.3, no problem OR
if I use KENDO UI Web 2013 version, no problem.
What is going on? Any other clues can help me to troubleshoot?
Song Chow
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 May 2014, 03:14 AM
Found the culprit....:)
I disable Telerik Kendo UI Chrome Inspector 1.0.4 and now it is working.
However, I can't regenerate the error after I re-enable Telerik Kendo UI Chrome Inspector. (Disable and Enable and now the problem solved. Sort like reboot the Windows to solve the problem.)
May be there is bug in Telerik Kendo UI Chrome Inspector.
Song Chow
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 May 2014, 06:57 AM
Really sorry.....

After testing a few times, found the "real culprit". It is Advanced SystemCare Surfing Protection Chrome extension that give problem.

Sorry for mistakenly put a blame to Telerik.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Song Chow
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
Song Chow
Top achievements
Rank 1