This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Bug with Insert new row after updating to 2012.3.1129.1050

1 Answer 20 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Edward Pauley
Top achievements
Rank 1
Edward Pauley asked on 28 Jan 2013, 10:18 PM
Hi
Before updating to new version, I can press Insert to trigger for adding a new row in the grid during editing the NEW or existing row.
However, right now with the new version  i need to tab out the existing edit row to end the edit in order to be able to press Insert for triggering a new row.

Are there any ways to force the grid trigger a new row when we press insert during middle of editing a new row?

Step to Reproduce:
1.Press Insert
2.Fill down information on the new row but not PRESSING tab out at the end of the row or point to other row to end the edit.
3. Press Insert again because i want to create a new row. However, I can't with this new version now

Note: you can try with your demo radgridview, it gets the same problem as mine. 

This new behavior made user experience become worse because they have to take more action in order to be able to insert a new row during typing(need to make the new/or existing row edit end before being to fire a new row insert)

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jan 2013, 01:22 PM
Hello Edward,

Actually this would be the expected behavior in the case. The grid cannot insert a new row when it is in edit mode. 

To go around this behavior, you can create a custom keyboard provider that commits the previous change before inserting a new row. You can see an article that shows how to create a custom keyboard provider here

Kind regards,
Yordanka
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Edward Pauley
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yordanka
Telerik team
Share this question
or