There is an issue with the Grid
- when all columns have a width defined, and
- when the total of all column widths is less than the total width of the grid
- will initially have the extra width distributed to them (good - not an issue)
- but when an attempt to resize a column is made, 1) every column other than the one being resized will resize to the width defined in the configuration AND 2) the column being resized will resize to take up the space left behind by the other columns becoming smaller.
Configuration for it to happen appears to be
- Resizing enabled
- Scrolling enabled
- Each column has a width defined, adding to a total width smaller than the width of the Grid's DOM element
The scenario is
- Open the grid
- Resize a column
Columns lose their distributed widths and the column being resized jumps away from the cursor.
An example is here:
Try resize the first column, you will observe the resized column growing in width and other columns losing their distributed widths. This leaves the cursor indicating an incorrect resize position.
Is there any chance this could be fixed / a work around be advised? Having the distributed column widths is this circumstance is good, but the behavior on resize is undesirable.