This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Bug: Javascript Error 80020101 in nested table with Version 2013.3.1119

4 Answers 75 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Malcolm
Top achievements
Rank 1
Malcolm asked on 16 Dec 2013, 03:55 PM
Dear KendoUI Team!
It looks like there is a bug in the actual Version (2013.3.1119) of KendoUI that didn't exist in older versions. Nested Tables are not possible any more.
To reproduce this issue:
- Upgrade the demo project AjaxHierarchyEditing to Version 2013.3.1119 using the Upgrade wizard.
- Try to open any Detailsorder table. You will receive a javascript error in "e.execScript||function(t){e.eval.call(e,t)})(t)" The Read_OrderDetails method will not be called.
I am using VS2010 und IE 10.
So, my question:
- Is there a fix or a workaround? If not, when will it be available?

brgds
Malcolm Howlett.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Dec 2013, 11:26 AM
Hello Malcolm,

I have tested the mentioned demo with the latest version of the product - 2013.3.1217 and was not able to observe the error that you mentioned. Tested in all major browsers including IE10. 

Please update to the latest internal if the problem still persists, extract a runnable sample so we can take a look.

Regards,
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Malcolm
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Dec 2013, 04:12 PM
Hello Kiril!
Thanks for your reply.
I tried again with version 2013.3.1217 and still got the same problem. The problem is not yet fixed.
I propably know now why you could not reproduce the issue. As I changed the language for my web application to english the bug dissappeared. So it's maybe an error in the localization scripts.
I tried to adapt AjaxHierarchyEditing to show the issue. But I could not convince it to use english language. Changing Browser language and "kendo.cultre('en-US') " where ignored by AjaxHierarchyEditing application :-( (I can start a new issue for this topic if necessary).
However, I think you might be able to convince your demo application to use 'de-DE' culture. So, please add this to 'steps to reproduce' list and you should experience the bug.
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Dec 2013, 01:05 PM
Hi Malcolm,

I would suggest you to check the following article showing how to use unified culture on both server and client:

docs.kendoui.com/getting-started/using-kendo-with/aspnet-mvc/globalization

As using different cultures on the client and the server is the most probable reason for this error. We were still not able to reproduce the issue on our end, so we cannot help much. Would it be possible to extract a runnable sample showing the error and send it to us? What is the culture on your server?

Regards,
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Accepted
Malcolm
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Dec 2013, 12:19 PM
Errr...
The Bug disappeared. And I don't know why. Might have s.th. to do with the windows update. But still weird.
Thanks for your help.
The culture settings are equal on client and server in my application. On the server side the thread culture is set in Appliction_AcquireRequestState and on the client side kendo.culture is called.

brgds
Malcolm
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Malcolm
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
Malcolm