This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Bug in a DataForm on 2018.2.516.250 R2

7 Answers 101 Views
DataForm
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vuyiswa
Top achievements
Rank 2
Vuyiswa asked on 09 Jul 2018, 05:28 PM

hi All 

There is a bug which was not in the previous version. i have a dataform defined like this 

<telerikInput:RadDataForm x:Name="dataForm">
                <telerikInput:RadDataForm.Source>
                    <local:Customer_UI_Modelcs />
                </telerikInput:RadDataForm.Source>
            </telerikInput:RadDataForm>

and my model for the UI is defined like this 

public  class Customer_UI_Modelcs
  {
      [NonEmptyValidator("Please fill Customer Name", "OK")]
      [DisplayOptions(Header = "Customer Name")]
      public string Customer_Name { get; set; }

[NonEmptyValidator("Please fill Customer Surnamme", "OK")]
      [DisplayOptions(Header = "Customer Surnamme")]
      public string Customer_Surnamme { get; set; }

}

and when this project is ran i get the following error 

Unhandled Exception:

Java.Lang.Error: The data form editor for property Customer_Name must have a constructor that accepts a RadDataForm and an EntityProperty.

This issue never existed in the previous version , i have another project where it does not happen . i am not sure what causes this. i have attached an example project 

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vuyiswa
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Jul 2018, 05:36 PM
Example Code http://www.vimalsoft.com/Examples/DataFormBug.zip 
Lance | Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2018, 05:48 PM
Hello Vuyiswa,

I have replied to your other forum post about the DataForm. Please try my suggestions there to see if it also resolved this issue as they're both appear to be related.

Terms of Use

I see that you've never downloaded UI for Xamarin (trial or dev), can you help us understand how you're using the product or attained the assemblies?

If you're using it at work and your employer has purchased the license, please have them add you as a Licensed User so that you are no longer violating the Telerik Terms of Use / Support Policy and can continue using UI for Xamarin. (this will also give you access to the Support ticket system).

Making you the the Licensed User only takes a few seconds and doesn't cost anything additional.

Regards,
Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Accepted
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2018, 07:33 PM
Hello Vuyiswa,

I've had a chance to review the sample code you've provided, it's working as expected but there are some things you should address.

First, find the runnable test project attached to see there is no issue with your class and the DataForm. Here's a screenshot at runtime: 

Dependencies

Check that you're using all of the required dependencies. 

- SkiaSharp: Please read the SkiaSharp NuGet Packages documentation and make sure you're only using 1.59.x. (your project was using v1.6.x, which we do not support yet)
- Required Telerik Assemblies: Make sure all the DataForm Required Telerik Assemblies have been added to all the projects.
- Required Android Support Libraries: Make sure the Android project has the Required Xamarin Android Support libraries (the default project template only give you half of them)

Additional Unrelated Feedback

I have some additional suggestions.

- The RadDataForm has an internal ScrollView, we recommend avoiding using it nested in another ScrollView.
- The StackLayout measures it's height to infinity, we do not recommend placing any child control that uses UI Virtualization or content that relies on accurate vertical measurements. If this is a design requirement, then you can avoid potential issues by giving the RadDataForm an explicit HeightRequest

Here's a good layout option instead:

<Grid>
  <!-- This is within a Grid RowDefintion Height="*" -->
  <telerikInput:RadDataForm x:Name="dataForm">
      <telerikInput:RadDataForm.Source>
          <local:Customer_UI_Modelcs />
      </telerikInput:RadDataForm.Source>
  </telerikInput:RadDataForm>
</Grid>

Regards,
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Vuyiswa
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Jul 2018, 09:07 PM

Good Day Lance 

You are 100% right , updating to the Correct Skiasharp Version solved the Problem. 

Thanks 

Vuyiswa
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Jul 2018, 09:10 PM

hi Lance  

i work for different clients who make it a requirement for me to use Telerik Controls. some are long term clients and some are just adhoc. i will request that my email be added as a Developer , because some don't have a Developer inhouse , i am their Developer. 

I will sort that part out 

Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2018, 09:23 PM
Hi Vuyiswa,

I'm happy to see the issue is resolved! 

About the dev license, your situation is a very common one. This is why we try and make the Manage Licensed User assignment is painless as possible. It literally only takes 20 seconds and all they need is your email address.

This small effort will provide you with the following benefits as a licensed user

- Support Ticket System and Phone Assistance access

We try our best to monitor and respond to every public forum thread in a timely manner, but this is not always possible and it can sometimes take a few days if our support ticket/development load is high.  Whereas a support ticket carries a guaranteed response within the ticket's time-frame (e.g. priority support is <24 hours).

Also, if your client's license is a DevCraft Ultimate, you'll be able to call in on the phone and get immediate help (I'm one of the engineers who will answer priority calls).

- Access to latest release and internal builds

You can get an internal build when we publish one to fix a high priority bug so that you can move forward. That being said, UI for Xamarin is a much faster development cycle compared to other products (we have a release almost every month) because we're still in the early stages and the product is only a few years old.

I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but as a developer myself, I know how important it is sometimes to get a quick answer to a blocking issue.

I hope I was able to help clarify things up, have a great day.

Regards,
Progress Telerik
Vuyiswa
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Jul 2018, 09:53 PM
Thanks i will do so. you helped , all is working as they should. 
Tags
DataForm
Asked by
Vuyiswa
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Vuyiswa
Top achievements
Rank 2
Telerik team