This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Bug - Stockchart starting 1/1/1970

3 Answers 25 Views
Charts
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David Whicker
Top achievements
Rank 1
David Whicker asked on 21 Apr 2016, 08:43 AM

When creating a stockchart (with the navigator) setting the frequency to annual. If the dataset starts on 1/1/1970 the chart doesn't display anything. If you show a dataset starting before 1970 (which can include a value on 1/1/1970) the chart displays fine.
I've got a temporarily fix - if the year is 1970 then I set the date to 2/1/1970 so the chart works as it should.

Kendo version: KendoUI-2014.2.1008 (don't judge, IE8)

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Apr 2016, 11:43 AM
Hi,

I tried reproducing the issue in this dojo, but without great luck. What am I missing?

Using IE8 shouldn't be a problem. Still, you can try running this against the latest version to check if it's something we fixed.

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

David Whicker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2016, 01:33 PM

I think you've replicated the problem perfectly!

When running the script as you've created it, I get a blank chart (as per the first screenshot). When I change the line Date: new Date(1970, 0, 1 + i) to Date: new Date(1970, 0, 2 + i)  (i.e. changing it from starting on 1/1/1970 to starting on 2/1/1970) the chart displays as per my second screenshot.

I've tried this in Chrome 50.0.2661, Firefox 45.0.2 and IE11 and I see the same behaviour everywhere.

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 28 Apr 2016, 08:20 AM
Hi,

Then it surely must be the time zone. I was running the demo in EEST (Europe/Sofia). Switching to GMT "solved" it.

We'll investigate and try to provide a fix for the service releases following our R2 release next week.

I've updated our Telerik points as a token of gratitude for your involvement.

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tags
Charts
Asked by
David Whicker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
David Whicker
Top achievements
Rank 1