Binding comboBox cell on change of another comboBox cell in RadGridView

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Hareesh
    Hareesh avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2011

    Posted 14 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    Hi,
    We are using RadGridView in our project. Now we have a requirement like: One grid view, which is binded with data from a table. Grid is having two combobox columns. First combo is filled with values from one table, and other combo need to bind with data from different table based on the value selected in the first combo. I have searched in the examples & I did not find any sample code. This is the first time i am using telerik controls. Please help..
  2. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

    Posted 14 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    Hello Hareesh,

    You may review this blog post. There is an implementation of a common scenario when entering data is a cascade of combo boxes. The list in the next combo is populated after selecting a value in the previous.

    Does this blog answer your questions?

    Regards,
    Didie
    the Telerik team

    Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

  3. Hareesh
    Hareesh avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2011

    Posted 15 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    Thank you Didie!!
    This is what I was looking for.

    Regards,
    Hareesh
  4. Matthew
    Matthew avatar
    46 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2011

    Posted 28 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    I tried this solution, but on the following line I am getting a NullReferenceException error. It says the location object is Null, even though the comboBox.DataContext is properly populated with data...

    location.ContinentCode = (string) comboBox.SelectedValue;
  5. Matthew
    Matthew avatar
    46 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2011

    Posted 28 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    Ignore my post above, I was setting it to the wrong object type...
Back to Top