This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Beta Q3 2010 ScheduleView Questions

4 Answers 148 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Julien Lofficial
Top achievements
Rank 1
Julien Lofficial asked on 27 Oct 2010, 04:31 PM
Hello team and congratulations for the job done with this new tool!

I'm a Silverlight developer and I need to display a ressource planning using 2 groups. The native scheduler isn't able to do this, that's why i just tried this new scheduler for wpf.
It seems to be well working, but I have several questions:

- Is it possible to change the date format in a timeline view? In my case I need to display days and not hours since I want to display a 2-months planning.
I used to set the "TimeLineHeaderFormat" in the RadScheduler control, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.

- When my groups are displayed horizontally, their title are displayed vertically. Is it possible to change the orientation of the text?

- Furthermore, is it possible to change the content of the group header? I mean I would add an image of the concerned ressource in the header.

I just added a screenshot to illustrate my questions.

Thank you for your answer.

Best Regards,

Julien LOFFICIAL

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Telerik team
answered on 01 Nov 2010, 07:00 PM
Hello Julien,

Thank you for contacting us.

Straight to the questions:

1. Yes, it is possible. I would suggest you to use a TimeLineViewDefinition and set VisibleDays to 62 (2 months). In order to hide the time format you could set a custom style for the TimeRulerItem - just set width and height to 0.
  2. and  3.  - Yes, this is possible, too. You could accomplish this task using a custom style for the GroupHeader.

Attached you can find the sample. I hope this helps.  Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.

All the best,
George
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Julien Lofficial
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Nov 2010, 09:13 AM
Hi George,

Thank you for your help!

Now i'm waiting for the Silverlight release.

Regards,

Julien
Julien Lofficial
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Nov 2010, 11:24 AM
Hi again,

Sorry for these stupid questions, but the behavior of the ScheduleView seems more far from the Scheduler than I expected.

If I want to overload the header of the TimeLine (I mean if I want to display 2 months, I will only have to display dates like in this post : http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/scheduler/radscheduler-date-format.aspx)
The TimeLineHeaderFormat doesn't seem to work on the ScheduleView. Is this something not implemented yet or was it removed?

One more question: Is it possible to group by month above days?

Thank you,

Julien
Pana
Telerik team
answered on 04 Nov 2010, 12:42 PM
Hi Julien Lofficial,

In the official release there would be either a TimeRulerItemStyleSelector property or a Style property for the time ruler in timeline view that could be used to custom style all the ticks. One could define a ContentTemplate there that will format the dates. Currently the timeruler has ticks and headers and the headers are actually Dates while the ticks are small time intervals like minutes or hours. I hope we will be able to release headers similar to the ticks which will be able to group by months, years etc. at the beta version there is no month headers for the timeruler though.

Regards,
Panayot
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
Julien Lofficial
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Julien Lofficial
Top achievements
Rank 1