This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Bar color

2 Answers 89 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sharmila
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sharmila asked on 30 Aug 2010, 01:45 PM
Hi,

Can you please tell me how can I set different colors to bars in a series based on order of  points? I have gone through the Demo for MVVM support, but according to that I can set different colors based on YValue range. How can I loop through each point in the seris and set the color accordingly?? I need  the same result as in http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/howtoassigncolors.html  but In silverlight Radchart

One more question is when I apply custom style in dataseries i.e.

RadChart1.DefaultSeriesDefinition.ItemStyle = this.Resources["CustomStyle"] as Style;

You can see the same in MVVM support example in the RadChart Demo.

suppose I have 20 points in Bar series in DataBound scenario.
Result when samplingthreshold=0 :- 20 pooints with the CustomStyle applied to points.
Result when samplingthreshold=10 :-10 points with CustomStyle  not applied to points.i.e.chart doesnt show up the bars in series.

How can I get the customstyle for bars even after applying sampling?

Regards,
Sharmila

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2010, 11:45 AM
Hello Sharmila,

At present, you cannot combine sampling and MVVM in the chart. This is not a supported scenario for the control. If you would like to take advantage of the mvvm setup, you can disable the sampling.
I hope this information helps.

Greetings,
Yavor
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Sharmila
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Sep 2010, 08:18 AM
Hi,

Thanks a lot..

Regards,
Sharmila
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Sharmila