This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Auto-dropdown GridViewComboBoxColumn on single-click Q2 2008

1 Answer 44 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael Yereniuk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael Yereniuk asked on 25 Jul 2008, 06:39 PM
I was previously able to achieve a single click dropdown on a GridViewComboBoxColumn with the following code:

Private Sub RadGridView1_CellEditorInitialized(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCellEventArgs) Handles RadGridView1.CellEditorInitialized 
        If Not (Me.RadGridView1.ActiveEditor Is Nothing) AndAlso (TypeOf Me.RadGridView1.ActiveEditor Is RadComboBoxEditor) Then 
            'CType(Me.RadGridView1.ActiveEditor, RadComboBoxeditor).ShowDropDown 
        End If 
    End Sub 

Now that I have upgraded to Q2 2008, the ShowDropDown event has disappeared.  I do not find any helpful advice within the release notes for Q2 2008.

Is there still a way to accomplish this?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2008, 11:48 AM
Hello Michael,

We have updated our release notes accordingly and now they reflect the change. The new method is called ShowPopup. Also the CloseDropDown is substituted by ClosePopup method. The change is due to our combobox major refactoring, that required some external changes to the API also.  We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Michael Yereniuk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or