This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Attribute "showTitle" has already been defined - Error in Android build

3 Answers 253 Views
Gauges
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul asked on 16 May 2017, 01:00 PM

The full path of the file it points to is

Topspin.Android - C:\TS\TS\TS.Android\obj\Debug\__library_projects__\Telerik.Xamarin.Android.Input\library_project_imports\res\values\attrs.xml 2`

I cannot build my project while this is happening.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lance | Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
answered on 16 May 2017, 10:34 PM
Hi Justin,

That error is indicative of using Android support Libraries that are newer than what we support for Xamarin Forms. For R2 2017, you need to be using SDK 23 (Android 6), see here for the require Android dependencies.

We are working on adding SDK 25 support (Android 7) and is expected to be available in the next update.

Regards,
Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Laura
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2017, 02:51 PM
Hello,

I have the same problem, but futhermore I put the reference to 23.3.0 it doesn't works.

this is the error :

Severity    Code    Description    Project    Project Rank    File    Line    Suppression State
Error        Attribute "showTitle" has already been defined    MobileFashion.Droid    3    C:\mobilefashionVargroup\Droid\obj\Debug\__library_projects__\Telerik.Xamarin.Android.Input\library_project_imports\res\values\attrs.xml    2    

Telerik team
answered on 05 Jun 2017, 03:22 PM
Hello Laura,

In addition to making sure you don't have any dependencies that require a higher SDK version, you need to make sure your target SDK is 6.0.

Using a "Reference Project"

One of the quickest and easiest ways to compare your project against one that has all of its configurations set properly is to just do use the Telerik Project wizard and save it as a "reference solution".

Here are the 3 simple steps:

1 - Open a new instance of Visual Studio
2 - Select File > New > Telerik Xamarin UI Application

3 - Choose all the platforms you want to implement and click Finish (we add all the required dependencies and configure the appropriate settings)

Once you create that solution, do a full solution Rebuild to restore packages and compile each project. I have attached the application I created in those screenshots above.

Compare your project's settings against the reference project. Once you align them, it should no longer present that error.

Android SDK Manager

If you still cannot build after changing your Android project target and min SDKs, then there might be a problem with your Android SDK installations. Here's a screenshot of my current setup:

If you have any further trouble, please open a support ticket here so that we can investigate further.

Regards,
Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Gauges
Asked by
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
Laura
Top achievements
Rank 1