Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
1 answer
493 views

I am using the paste cleanup feature with version 2016.2.504 


I am getting error.
Kendo.MVC.UI.Fluent.EditorBuilder' does not contain a definition for 'PasteCleanup' and no extension method 'PasteCleanup' accepting a first argument of type 'kendo.MVC.UI.Fluent.EditorBuilder' could be found.


Could you please help in this?

 

Just to add more details to above query -


Here is my kendo editor definition like tbelow:


@(Html.Kendo().Editor()
            .Name("ManuscriptFormTextEditor")
             .PasteCleanup(p => p
                    .All(false)
                    .Css(false)
                    .KeepNewLines(false)
                    .MsAllFormatting(false)
                    .MsConvertLists(true)
                    .MsTags(true)
                    .None(false)
                    .Span(false)
                 )                 
            .Tools(tools => tools
                  .Clear()                
                  .Bold().Italic().Underline().Strikethrough()
                  .JustifyLeft().JustifyCenter().JustifyRight().JustifyFull()
                  .InsertUnorderedList().InsertOrderedList()
                  .Outdent().Indent()
                  //.CreateLink().Unlink()
                  //.InsertImage()
                  //.InsertFile()
                  .SubScript()
                  .SuperScript()
                  .TableEditing()
                  //.ViewHtml()
                  .Formatting()
                  .CleanFormatting()
                  //.FontName()
                  .FontName(items => items
                            .Add("Arial", "Arial")
                            .Add("Arial Narrow", "Arial Narrow")
                            .Add("Calibri", "Calibri")
                            .Add("Courier New", "Courier New")
                            .Add("Tahoma", "Tahoma")
                            .Add("Times New Roman", "Times New Roman")
                            .Add("Verdana", "Verdana")                                                        
                            )
                  //.FontSize()
                  .FontSize()
                  .FontColor().BackColor()
                  //.Print()
              )
              .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width: 100%;height:500px;text-align:center;font-size:14px;" })
              .Encode(false)
              .Value(@<text>@Html.Raw(@ViewBag.ManuscriptFormText)</text>)
    )     


It is not throwing any error if i remove the code :
 .PasteCleanup(p => p
                    .All(false)
                    .Css(false)
                    .KeepNewLines(false)
                    .MsAllFormatting(false)
                    .MsConvertLists(true)
                    .MsTags(true)
                    .None(false)
                    .Span(false)
                 )

Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2016
18 answers
4.4K+ views

Hi there, is there a way to bind Kendo MVC grid to dynamic object (or ExpandoObject)?
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 15 Jul 2016
4 answers
836 views

hi,

i updated my VS 2015 with update 3 and now i cannot build my project that uses Kendo MVC Grid, v2015.1.429.340.

i am getting a huge number of errors like these:

KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(245,9): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'paramName'.
KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(246,9): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'useWithBlock'.
KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(249,11): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'Class'.
KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(254,11): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'Observable'....

how do i fix this?

thanks.

Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2016
1 answer
138 views

I am trying to set the filer option for columns A to G and also column Q but cannot seem to get any syntax to work.

The below works for setting the filter option for columns A to G but when I try to also include Q I get an error or only column Q is filtered

   .Filter(filter =>
                {
                    filter.Ref("A1:G7000").Columns(columns => { });
                 })

Error

    .Filter(filter =>

                {
                    filter.Ref("A1:G7000;Q1:Q7000").Columns(columns => { });
                })

 

Error
   .Filter(filter =>
                {
                    filter.Ref("A1:G7000,Q1:Q7000").Columns(columns => { });
                })

 

Only Column Q is filterable

   .Filter(filter =>
                {
                    filter.Ref("A1:G7000).Columns(columns => { });
                    filter.Ref("Q1:Q7000").Columns(columns => { });

                })

 

Any help on the syntax would be appreciated

 

Jeff

 

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2016
9 answers
470 views

I was hoping this project would just disappear, but unfortunately it has not.  And I'm beating my head against a wall to get this thing figured out.

I'm building a CSV file uploader, which upon upload it opens the CSV file and parses out the column headers.  It then presents this in a grid with an additional column that contains a dropdown.  It's to be used for custom CSV imports.  Once the grid is displayed, the user would go down each row, mapping a column to a property.

The grid is being loaded via one of the ViewModel properties.

@using FileUploader_Mapper.Models
@model CSVColumnsViewModel
 
@{
    ViewBag.Title = "Result";
}
 
<style>
    .k-grid td {
        line-height: 2em;
        padding: 0 0 0 1em;
    }
</style>
 
<h2>Result</h2>
 
<p></p>
 
@(Html.Label("lblMisc", "Columns from CSV File: " + Model.CSVFile))<br/>
 
@(Html.Kendo().Grid(Model.Columns)
    .Name("csvGrid")
    .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width: 650px" })
    .TableHtmlAttributes(new { @class = "table-condensed" })
    .Columns(col =>
    {
        col.Bound(c => c.ColumnNumber).Width(25).Title("Col #");
        col.Bound(c => c.ColumnName).Width(400).Title("Column Name");
        col.ForeignKey(c => c.MappedTo, Model.MappingProperties, "Id", "Name").Title("Mapped To");
    })
    // .Pageable()
    .DataSource(ds => ds
        .Ajax()
        // .PageSize(20)
        // .ServerOperation(false)
        .Model(m =>
        {
            m.Id(c => c.ColumnNumber);
            m.Field(c => c.ColumnName).Editable(false);
            m.Field(c => c.MappedTo).DefaultValue(0);
        })
        .Update("SaveCSVDefinition", "Home")
    )
    .Editable(editable => editable.Mode(GridEditMode.InCell))
)

 

 You'll notice I have an Update method specified, but the method in the controller never gets called.  Am I correct in assuming the Update will only work if there is also a Read and Create?  I do not want to use AJAX to read the data to populate the grid, it's already right there in the view model, which is exactly what I want.  But I also want to get the mapped columns as well, but I never get anything.

 

Oh, and here's the controller code for now...  Even though it doesn;t really do much.  Yet.

[HttpPost]
[ActionName("SaveCSVDefinition")]
public ActionResult SaveCSVDefinition([DataSourceRequest]DataSourceRequest request, CSVColumn csvColumn)
{
    return Json("saving", JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet);
}

So how do I get these updates to post to the controller? Ideally, I'd much rather save the whole thing at once, and even had a button with a click, but I couldn;t figure out how to get the model back out of the grid in order to post it via AJAX.

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2016
1 answer
191 views

If I'm using the CDN, and it's an older project I want to update to the latest version, how do I know what that latest version is?  For example, I'm using 

<script src="//kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2016.2.607/js/kendo.all.min.js"></script>

But VS2015 prompted methat Telerik had an update... I was knee deep in stuff and didn;t really pay attention to the version number...  So where would I find the latest version number so I can change my CDN url respectively?

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2016
1 answer
504 views

Hello Team,

we are facing issue where we want to merge cell on kendo grid, Is it possible or supported by kendo? 

I attached the sample grid.

 

Tq Team

 

Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2016
13 answers
502 views

<UPDATE from 14 Jul 2016>
Official support for ASP.NET Core 1.0 RTM is available in the R2 2016 SP2 release of UI for ASP.NET MVC. The Official ASP.NET Core 1.0 Support Now in UI for ASP.NET MVC blog post provides details on how to download the package via nuget, what the new assembly names are and some useful links to get you started.
</UPDATE

 

<UPDATE from 30 Jun 2016>
The LIB is out and you can download it from your Telerik.com accounts as shown in this screenshot. The nuget installation is placed inside this folder: telerik.ui.for.aspnetmvc.hotfix.2016.2.630.commercial.7z\wrappers\aspnetmvc\Binaries\Mvc6.

You can also download a preview NuGet package for testing purposes from https://www.nuget.org/packages/Kendo.Mvc/2016.2.630-Preview.

The official release scheduled for mid-July is cooking and will incorporate all critical bug fixes reported by you - our valuable community!
</UPDATE>

Hi guys,

I'm eager to inform you that we are going to release soon a latest internal build for UI for ASP.NET MVC especially built against the new ASP.NET Core 1.0 RTM. I am going to inform you here once the LIB is out.

We will be glad to receive any fast feedback and bug reports, the best of which will try to incorporate in the official R2 2016 SP2 release of UI for ASP.NET MVC planned for mid-July.

You can find more information along with known problems in the following resources:
The New .NET Core 1.0 Is Here,
Kendo.Mvc 2016.2.617 throws TypeLoadException in Asp.Net Core 1.0 RTM.

Best regards,
Rumen Jekov
DevTools Product Manager

Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 14 Jul 2016
8 answers
2.8K+ views

Hi

I've got the  following TabStrip which loads partial views in each tab. The partial views have previous and next buttons which navigate to the relevant tab. I determine the tab that needs to be selected in the controller. How do I set the selected tab index?

I tried multiple options but none work.

I am new to Kendo so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------

 <div id="tabs">
        <hr />
        @(Html.Kendo().TabStrip()
          .Name("tabstrip")
          .Scrollable(false)
          .Items(tabstrip =>
          {
              tabstrip.Add().Text("Step 1").LoadContentFrom("_Step1", "ManageFbo").Selected(true);
              tabstrip.Add().Text("Step 2").LoadContentFrom("_Step2", "ManageFbo");
              tabstrip.Add().Text("Step 3").LoadContentFrom("_Step3", "ManageFbo");
          })
        )
    </div>

Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2016
12 answers
484 views

I have a treeview  that has text in 3 levels and on the third level/depth I want to show 4 clickable icons infront of said text, which link to a controler action that fetches an image with a certain id. that is all 4 icons/images have links with different id's

 

What is the simplest way to do this ?

Regards,

Emil

Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Scheduler
DropDownList
Chart
Editor
TreeView
DatePicker
ComboBox
Upload
MultiSelect
ListView
Window
TabStrip
Menu
Installer and VS Extensions
Spreadsheet
AutoComplete
TreeList
Gantt
PanelBar
NumericTextBox
Filter
ToolTip
Map
Diagram
Button
PivotGrid
Form
ListBox
Splitter
Application
FileManager
Sortable
Calendar
View
MaskedTextBox
PDFViewer
TextBox
Toolbar
Dialog
MultiColumnComboBox
DropDownTree
Checkbox
Slider
Switch
Notification
Accessibility
ListView (Mobile)
Pager
Security
ColorPicker
DateRangePicker
Wizard
Styling
Chat
DateInput
MediaPlayer
TileLayout
Drawer
SplitView
Template
Barcode
ButtonGroup (Mobile)
Drawer (Mobile)
ImageEditor
RadioGroup
Sparkline
Stepper
TabStrip (Mobile)
GridLayout
Badge
LinearGauge
ModalView
ResponsivePanel
TextArea
Breadcrumb
ExpansionPanel
Licensing
Rating
ScrollView
ButtonGroup
CheckBoxGroup
NavBar
ProgressBar
QRCode
RadioButton
Scroller
Timeline
TreeMap
TaskBoard
OrgChart
Captcha
ActionSheet
Signature
DateTimePicker
AppBar
BottomNavigation
Card
FloatingActionButton
Localization
MultiViewCalendar
PopOver (Mobile)
Ripple
ScrollView (Mobile)
Switch (Mobile)
PivotGridV2
FlatColorPicker
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
ActionSheet (Mobile)
BulletGraph
Button (Mobile)
Collapsible
Loader
CircularGauge
SkeletonContainer
Popover
HeatMap
Avatar
ColorGradient
CircularProgressBar
SplitButton
StackLayout
TimeDurationPicker
Chip
ChipList
DockManager
ToggleButton
Sankey
OTPInput
ChartWizard
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
TimePicker
StockChart
RadialGauge
ContextMenu
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?