Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
3 answers
555 views

Hi,

I'm trying to have my ListView bind to a model item, so that when postback occurs, the entries updated to the listview, are reflected in the associated model field.When I attempt this with the below code though, I receive a NullReferenceException from the view code that I've posted below. I've included the model also, as well as the stack trace. Any help with this one is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

 

Model:

public class CustomerCreateModel
{
    #region private fields
    private ICollection<CreateSecurityQuestionModel> _SecurityQuestions = new List<CreateSecurityQuestionModel>();
    #endregion
 
    [Required(AllowEmptyStrings = false), Display(Name = "First Name")]
    public string FirstName { get; set; }
    [Required(AllowEmptyStrings = false), Display(Name = "Last Name")]
    public string LastName { get; set; }
    public ICollection<SecurityQuestionModel> SecurityQuestions
    {
        get { return _SecurityQuestions; }
        set { _SecurityQuestions = value; }
    }
}

 

View Code:

@model CustomerCreateModel
 
<div class="form-group">
    @Html.Label("Security Questions", htmlAttributes: new { @class = "control-label col-md-2" })
    <div class="col-md-10">
        <div style="clear: both;">
            <a class="k-button k-button-icontext k-add-button" href="#"><span class="k-icon k-add"></span>Add new security question</a>
            @(Html.Kendo().ListView<SecurityQuestionModel>(Model.SecurityQuestions)
                .Name("SecurityQuestionsListView")
                .TagName("div")
                .ClientTemplateId("security-qa-template")
                .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
                    .Model(model => model.Id("Id"))
                    .PageSize(10)
                    .Create(create => create.Action("Create", "Customers"))
                    .Update(update => update.Action("Update", "Customers"))
                    )
                .Pageable()
                .Editable(e => e.TemplateName("QuestionAnswerEditor"))
            )
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2017
3 answers
223 views

Hi,

I'm using the Kendo Upload component for MVC and I'm trying of validate the format for only upload .xlsx and .xls, but the validator doesn't work. I followed the example showed here http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/upload/validation but the error persist.

I don't know why, please, your help is very important for us.

 

Regards,

Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2017
1 answer
261 views

The template below works but it seems kind of goofy.  Is there a better way to set the "Checked" value conditionally?

I can do it easily with a plain checkbox but I prefer to use the Kendo one for the styling.

 

<script type="text/x-kendo-tmpl" id="connectorTemplate">
     <div class="tabOption">
         # if (Selected) { # 
 
         @(Html.Kendo().CheckBox()
                 .Name("#:Id#")
                 .Checked(true)
         )
 
         # } else { #
 
         @(Html.Kendo().CheckBox()
                 .Name("#:Id#")
                 .Checked(false)
         )
 
         # } #
 
         <span>#:Name# </span>
     </div>
 </script>
Stamo Gochev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2017
1 answer
465 views

Pretty new to MS ASP.NET Web Application development

Installed Telerik MVC in VS CE2015

Now for New web project I see listed

  • ASP.NET Web Application
  • Kendo UI ASP.NET MVC 5 Application <- new option
  • Telerik ASP.NET MVC Application <- new option

Can someone explain the differences between "Kendo UI ASP.NET MVC 5" and "Telerik ASP.NET MVC" and which would be preferable for developing an intranet web application for dealing with data collected off of lab instruments.  There will be a couple master/detail pages needed for concepts such as item test results (property result), specifications (property min/max) and standards (property min/max).

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jan 2017
4 answers
1.4K+ views

I have a dropdownlist that I want to update using values saved in a modal window. I'm using the following:

 

function RebindOrganizations() {
    var ddl = $('#OrganizationName').data("kendoDropDownList");
    ddl.dataSource.read();
    if (newOrganizationName != undefined) {
        ddl.select(function (dataItem) {
            return dataItem.value === newOrganizationName;
        });
        //ddl.value(newOrganizationName);
    }
    ddl.focus();
}


and neither the ddl.select nor the ddl.value statements do the trick. My newOrganizationName value is set correctly. The ddl.dataSource.read() statement executes correctly (i.e., my new Organization is in the list).  Any ideas?

Laurie
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jan 2017
1 answer
212 views
Is there a way to export the schedule to excel ?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jan 2017
1 answer
177 views

I currently have a ListView that I'm using to update database entries.  I'm not getting any of the ModelState errors to display upon update.  This is my main issue.

After reviewing the related tickets here, the solution seemed fairly simply.  However, I'm having some issues, here is my ListView

@(Html.Kendo().ListView<OrderEntry.Models.OrderEntry.Product>()
                    .Name("ListView")
                    .TagName("div")
                    .ClientTemplateId("template")
                    .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
                        .Model(model => model.Id(p => p.OrderID))
                        .PageSize(1)
                        .Read(read => read.Action("ProductReadAll", "Order", new { associatedOrderID =       ViewBag.AssociatedOrderID }))
                        .Create(create => create.Action("ProductCreate", "OpsOrder"))
                        .Update(update => update.Action("ProductUpdate", "OpsOrder"))
                        .Events(e => e.Error("error"))
                    )
                    .Pageable()
                    .Editable(edit => edit.TemplateName("ProductEdit"))
                )

My issue with this, adding the Error Event is causing an error stating that "error" (the name of whatever js function I use) is not defined in /Order/ProductDetailsRead.  ProductDetailsRead is a method in my controller that is called to show the page this ListView is on.  Why is the ListView looking in my controller for a js function?  Haven't run into anything similar to this anywhere else in our website.

Are there any alternatives to showing modelstate errors when updating an item? Something more similar to grids?

 

 

 

 

 

Angel Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jan 2017
3 answers
210 views

I have made a custom editor template for my scheduler and wish to be able to upload attachments to events.

I have added an upload control to the template and can successfully upload/delete files within one instance.

However, if I open the calendar event after creation, the previously uploaded files will not populate.

Is there a way to bind the upload control to the calendar event, as it contains all the attachments information?

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jan 2017
1 answer
65 views

Hello,

In my MVC grid I need to show a lot of columns (around 500) some of them are hidden others not. I'm using the InCell edit functionality to edit the data, on Chrome and Firefox everything works great but on IE after the cell loses the focus (after a value change) there's a huge delay. This delay is very annoying because the grid is unresponsive during this period.

Here is a demo with this behavior: http://dojo.telerik.com/oMUNo/5

I'm doing something wrong?

 

Thanks for the help!

 

 

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jan 2017
1 answer
205 views
When I enter a value in a cell using comma as decimal separator, the value is interpreted as text.

I'm setting the culture to pt-Br before configure the widget.
Is there any other configuration to make? Or is this a limitation?
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jan 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Scheduler
DropDownList
Chart
Editor
TreeView
DatePicker
ComboBox
Upload
MultiSelect
ListView
Window
TabStrip
Menu
Installer and VS Extensions
Spreadsheet
AutoComplete
TreeList
Gantt
PanelBar
NumericTextBox
Filter
ToolTip
Map
Diagram
Button
PivotGrid
Form
ListBox
Splitter
Application
FileManager
Sortable
Calendar
View
MaskedTextBox
PDFViewer
TextBox
Toolbar
Dialog
MultiColumnComboBox
DropDownTree
Checkbox
Slider
Switch
Notification
Accessibility
ListView (Mobile)
Pager
Security
ColorPicker
DateRangePicker
Wizard
Styling
Chat
DateInput
MediaPlayer
TileLayout
Drawer
SplitView
Template
Barcode
ButtonGroup (Mobile)
Drawer (Mobile)
ImageEditor
RadioGroup
Sparkline
Stepper
TabStrip (Mobile)
GridLayout
Badge
LinearGauge
ModalView
ResponsivePanel
TextArea
Breadcrumb
ExpansionPanel
Licensing
Rating
ScrollView
ButtonGroup
CheckBoxGroup
NavBar
ProgressBar
QRCode
RadioButton
Scroller
Timeline
TreeMap
TaskBoard
OrgChart
Captcha
ActionSheet
Signature
DateTimePicker
AppBar
BottomNavigation
Card
FloatingActionButton
Localization
MultiViewCalendar
PopOver (Mobile)
Ripple
ScrollView (Mobile)
Switch (Mobile)
PivotGridV2
FlatColorPicker
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
ActionSheet (Mobile)
BulletGraph
Button (Mobile)
Collapsible
Loader
CircularGauge
SkeletonContainer
Popover
HeatMap
Avatar
ColorGradient
CircularProgressBar
SplitButton
StackLayout
TimeDurationPicker
Chip
ChipList
DockManager
ToggleButton
Sankey
OTPInput
ChartWizard
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
TimePicker
StockChart
RadialGauge
ContextMenu
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?