Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
1 answer
288 views

Initially I was using the CDN for including all the Kendo JS and CSS files...  However, we decided within the company we wanted to use the local files instead.  However, when we publish our web application, it takes a very, very, very long time because of all the nested JS and CSS folders and files.  What can I safely remove from my Scripts and Content webfolders to make the webapp publishing process faster? 

I'm fairly certain we're not using themes, so I should be able to safely remove  ~\Content\kendo\2016.3.118\Black - ~\Content\kendo\2016.3.118\Uniform and all themese in between? Do I need to keep the Images or textures folder?  What about ~\Scripts\kendo\2016.3.1118\cultures? Or ~\Scripts\kendo\2016.3.1118\messages?

 

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jan 2017
1 answer
332 views

Stack overflow (SO) has a pretty good discussion of the database operations that have to be performed in order to persist user defined row order based on their sortable interactions with grid.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/330482/best-way-to-save-a-ordered-list-to-the-database-while-keeping-the-ordering

The domain I am working in is the 1-many data design for Master/Detail or Container/Element relationships in SQL server.  The master and detail records have identity keys and the detail record foreign keys to the master.

My take away is that the display order can be persisted in two ways.

1-1 persistence data

  • Extra field in the detail record: DisplayIndex
  • Separate table Sortable<for_detail_table> having only Detail_ID and DisplayIndex

This SO answer indicates three database operations are required to maintain the sortable state on a per sortable change event basis

1-many persistence data as a comma separated list of detail values, constructed from either the detail ids or some other unique over the detail records of a master

  • Extra field in the master record: DetailOrderingCSV
  • Separate table SortableCSV<for_master_table> having only Master_ID and DetailOrderingCSV

This SO answer calls this approach pragmatic, and this answer talks about separate tables

I was wondering if anyone has an example VS solution demonstrating remote persistence of sortable ordering.

Also would like to hear other ideas.

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jan 2017
2 answers
234 views

Hello all,

This is more of a general question so I have opted to not include too much code with this question.  I can provide more if it will help find a good solution.

I have an existing tab layout where the tabs link to asp:panels in the page that in turn render a TabStrip and a Grid below:

                        Html.RenderAction("GetTabStrip", new RouteValueDictionary { { ..., ...} });
                        Html.RenderPartial("Grid", Model["Grade"], new ViewDataDictionary(this.ViewData) { { "gridName", "..." }, { "dsReadAction", "..." } });

The tab layout basically serves as a TabStrip before we adopted the ASP.NET MVC flavour of Telerik.  I have two such tabs in this layout that both render a TabStrip and Grid like above.

 

The first TabStrip works great - I am able to scroll horizontally (since there are a lot of tabs), and the content is shown as expected.  But the second TabStrip does not scroll and the content does not show up.  The k-tabstrip-items list elements seem to be different between the two TabStrips.  Here is an li element from the first TabStrip:

   <li class="k-item k-state-default" role="tab" aria-controls="tabstrip-2"><span class="k-loading k-complete"></span><a class="k-link" href="#tabstrip-2">New York - i really hope the scrolling works</a></li>

...and from the second TabStrip:

   <li class="k-item k-state-default" ><a class="k-link" href="#tabstrip-2">New York - i really hope the scrolling works</a></li>

...so the second element is missing the following attributes and span tag:

role="tab" aria-controls="tabstrip-2"><span class="k-loading k-complete"></span>

 

I believe this could be the source of my issues, but I am unsure if this implementation will even work.

 

Thanks for reading - any feedback is appreciated.

Humberto Rodrigues
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Jan 2017
24 answers
5.8K+ views
Hi All,

I have a Kendo grid which Displays data based on filter criteria in TextBox above clicking search button. The grid has edit and Detail Action links which take user to a different view (no popup or inline),  loading more fields than we Display in grid for edit.When done editing and user Comes back to grid it must retain old filter criteria, selected record, page etc. Which is the best way to achieve this using Kendo grid?

Anamika
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jan 2017
2 answers
1.3K+ views

Hi,

I'd like my text column to recognise line breaks. I've seen this post:

http://www.telerik.com/forums/line-breaks-in-grid-data

but I'm displaying the column using the following format:

columns.Bound(c => c.NoteContent).Title("Note").Width(300);

How would I modify the content so that it replaces '\n' with '<br>'?

Thanks

Tim

Danny
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Jan 2017
1 answer
91 views

In my application I have a search function that uses additional parameters passed into the datasource, which works great!  However, after getting results and clicking into one, and then going Back in the browser and searching again, I get the following error :

 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'dataSource' of undefined

Any ideas?

Niko
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jan 2017
2 answers
228 views

Hello,

currently I have a trial version of UI for ASP.NET MVC and I am working on a test web application. My goal is to design a simple page with an editor widget on it. I would like to integrate into the toolbar several dropdownlists (about 5). The dropdownlist should work similarly to the 'insert html' snippet.

For that purpose I would:

1. need customer labels/titles for the dropdownlists

2. need to use a remote datasource (table form an azure sql db) to populate the dropdownlists

3. need an event that places the selected item of the dropdownlist into the editor box at the cursor position

I studied the documentation for the editor widget but was not able find out wether my goal can be realized.

If someone could give me advice about the feasibiltiy of and how to realize my goal.

Thanks in advance.

Manfred

 

 

 

Manu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jan 2017
1 answer
429 views
I've noticed that if I have a kendo combobox with server filtering enabled, if I call the open event in jquery, it will fire a read event (go to the server and get results) and then open the list with the results.  However, it doesn't always fire the read event so sometimes it doesn't update.  When i call the read event, it doesn't open the list with the results.  Is there anyway that i can call the read event, then make the combobox list dropdown and show the results?  I'm trying to call the read event then the open event, without the open calling the read event again.  
Peter Milchev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jan 2017
1 answer
7.7K+ views

Hi Team,

When I try to use 

 $(document).ready(function () {
                $("#grid2").data("kendoGrid").dataSource.filter({ logic: "and", filters: [{ field: "Title", operator: "contains", value: "nurse" }] })
    });

I got an error of "Cannot read property 'dataSource' of undefined at HTMLDocument.eval".

The following is my grid:

@(Html.Kendo().Grid(Model)
        .Name("grid2")
        .Columns(columns =>
        {
            columns.Command(command => command.Custom("Add").Click("AddToTeam")).Width(40);
            columns.Bound(p => p.StaffItem.FullName).Title("Name").Filterable(ftb => ftb.Cell(cell => cell.Operator("contains")));
            columns.Bound(p => p.StaffItem.JobTitleDesc).Title("Title").Filterable(ftb => ftb.Cell(cell => cell.Operator("contains")));


        })
        .Pageable()
        .Sortable()
        .Filterable(ftb=>ftb
            .Extra(false)
            .Operators(operators => operators
                .ForString(str => str.Clear()
                 .Contains("Contains")
                    .IsEqualTo("Is equal to")
                    .IsNotEqualTo("Is not equal to")
        )))
        .DataSource(d => d
            .Ajax()
            //.Filter(f=>f.Add(a=>a.StaffItem.JobTitleDesc).Contains("nurse"))
            .ServerOperation(false)
            .PageSize(8)
        )
        .Resizable(resize => resize.Columns(true))
        .Reorderable(reorder => reorder.Columns(true))
    )

Eyup
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jan 2017
1 answer
555 views

I have a tree View with hierarchical data source which is located left side of the screen. The size of hierarchical data source is not known and it can overflow the page.

I want to scroll only treeView(not the whole page) and I can do it like that:

#treeView{

overflow-y: scroll;

height: 800px;

}

.html{

overflow: hidden;

}

 

However my code will be run several devices and I do not want to give a division static height. Is there a way to give height to a division after doing some calculations?

Magdalena
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jan 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Scheduler
DropDownList
Chart
Editor
TreeView
DatePicker
ComboBox
Upload
MultiSelect
ListView
Window
TabStrip
Menu
Installer and VS Extensions
Spreadsheet
AutoComplete
TreeList
Gantt
PanelBar
NumericTextBox
Filter
ToolTip
Map
Diagram
Button
PivotGrid
Form
ListBox
Splitter
Application
FileManager
Sortable
Calendar
View
MaskedTextBox
PDFViewer
TextBox
Toolbar
Dialog
MultiColumnComboBox
DropDownTree
Checkbox
Slider
Switch
Notification
Accessibility
ListView (Mobile)
Pager
Security
ColorPicker
DateRangePicker
Wizard
Styling
Chat
DateInput
MediaPlayer
TileLayout
Drawer
SplitView
Template
Barcode
ButtonGroup (Mobile)
Drawer (Mobile)
ImageEditor
RadioGroup
Sparkline
Stepper
TabStrip (Mobile)
GridLayout
Badge
LinearGauge
ModalView
ResponsivePanel
TextArea
Breadcrumb
ExpansionPanel
Licensing
Rating
ScrollView
ButtonGroup
CheckBoxGroup
NavBar
ProgressBar
QRCode
RadioButton
Scroller
Timeline
TreeMap
TaskBoard
OrgChart
Captcha
ActionSheet
Signature
DateTimePicker
AppBar
BottomNavigation
Card
FloatingActionButton
Localization
MultiViewCalendar
PopOver (Mobile)
Ripple
ScrollView (Mobile)
Switch (Mobile)
PivotGridV2
FlatColorPicker
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
ActionSheet (Mobile)
BulletGraph
Button (Mobile)
Collapsible
Loader
CircularGauge
SkeletonContainer
Popover
HeatMap
Avatar
ColorGradient
CircularProgressBar
SplitButton
StackLayout
TimeDurationPicker
Chip
ChipList
DockManager
ToggleButton
Sankey
OTPInput
ChartWizard
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
TimePicker
StockChart
RadialGauge
ContextMenu
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?