Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
2 answers
863 views

Hi,

 

I'm having an issue with columns widths on Internet Explorer.

 

This occurred when upgrading from 2017.1.223 to 2018.1.221.

 

Changing the widths of columns on the razor code doesn't change anything in IE. If I render the page, then try to change the width by dragging the header cell, the columns align, but still don't take up the full width, like normal. I have attached a screenshot of the columns aligned after messing with them is called after-align.png

 

I have attached screenshots of the grid in both Chrome and IE too. Again, the grid works in Chrome, but doesn't work in IE. Let me know if you need any more information!

 

Thanks,

Jessica

Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2018
3 answers
198 views

Sample Class (one of the many I have tried) and sample data is at the bottom.

When using the PivotGrid, I could use a little assistance on how to get the row dimensions to properly travel my hierarchy properly.
I am using the following Hierarchy. 

Activities (A)
      Disciplines  (D)
           Systems (S)
                 Tasks (T)

I have been able to get it to work with just one Activities and Disciplines, but I cannot get it working with all 4 items.  I have attached my last attempt, which was creating the class with the ID/Name pair for each of the 4 items, and then filling the records up, but it still keeps choking at the 3rd level.  I have tried nesting them as well, when worked perfectly for the treeview control, but completely blew up on the PivotGrid.

So, what I am trying to accomplish is have a pivot grid that will be as follows when fully expanded.  

A1
     D1
         S1
              T1
              T2
         S2
              T3
     D2
         S3
              T3
A2 ....etc

 

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Ed

 

 

    public class PhasePivotVM
    {
        public Single Score { get; set; }

        public int ActivityID { get; set; }
        public ActivityTypeVM ActivityTypes { get; set; }

        public int DisciplineID { get; set; }
        public DisciplineTypeVM DisciplineTypes { get; set; }

        public int SystemID { get; set; }
        public SystemTypeVM SystemTypes { get; set; }

        public int TaskID { get; set; }
        public TaskTypeVM TaskTypes { get; set; }

        public PhasePivotVM()
        {
            ActivityTypes=new ActivityTypeVM();
            DisciplineTypes = new DisciplineTypeVM();
            SystemTypes = new SystemTypeVM();
            TaskTypes = new TaskTypeVM();
        }
    }
    public class ActivityTypeVM
    {
        public int? ActivityID { get; set; }
        public string ActivityName { get; set; }
    }
    public class DisciplineTypeVM
    {
        public int? DisciplineID { get; set; }
        public string DisciplineName { get; set; }
    }
    public class SystemTypeVM
    {
        public int? SystemID { get; set; }
        public string SystemName { get; set; }
    }
    public class TaskTypeVM
    {
        public int? TaskID { get; set; }
        public string TaskName { get; set; }
    }

ActivityID DisciplineID SystemID TaskID ItemScore  ItemName
4              NULL           NULL        NULL  100             *Exist but are all hidden for privacy*
4              13                NULL        NULL  100
4              13               40              NULL  100
4              13               40              188     100
4              13               40              278     100
4              13               40              279     100
5              NULL           NULL        NULL  100             
5              23                NULL        NULL  100
5              23               41              NULL  100
5              23               41              414      98

Edward
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Mar 2018
1 answer
297 views
If I use endless scrolling and grouping all seems to work alright, except when I go to collapse the groups. Is this supposed to be supported? When I  try to collapse the group nothing happens.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2018
2 answers
300 views

I install kendo ui asp.net mvc 2018.1.117 and 2016.

1. I add Style and JS Folder to my project and renamed both of them to "kendo" .

2. add reference to my project

3. I didn't config BundleConfig.cs because there was no BundleConfig.cs in my project

4. I add namespace to web.config

5. I add Styles and ... manually in my project like :

 

<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/bootstrap.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Site.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
 
<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo/kendo.common-material.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo/kendo.mobile.all.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo/kendo.material.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
 
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo/jquery.min.js")"></script>
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo/angular.min.js")"></script>
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo/jszip.min.js")"></script>
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo/kendo.all.min.js")"></script>

 

I did all these steps and when I add kendo date Picker it doesn't work:

@(Html.Kendo().DatePicker().Name("datepicker"))

 

 

When I click inspect element it shows my css and js file but kendo ui doesn't work.

 

I attach the Picture that show kendo ui doesn't work

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2018
9 answers
728 views
Hi!

We have implemented some custom filtering and use the grid.dataSource.filter(...) method to request new data via ajax. Normally everything works well. However, a common scenario is that the user first selects one filter and then (before the ajax result is back) selects another. When the user selects the new filter we would like to cancel the ongoing request and send a new one - is that possible?

Also - is it possible to manually trigger the first request and not have the grid auto-request data?


Thanks in advance
Victor Ström
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2018
2 answers
143 views

Hi,

If I use Serverfiltering on the ASP.NET MVC dropdownlist control, my controller method is called with a string text parameter. (the text parameter contains the text that the user is typing on the dropdownlist)

If use serverfiltering on the HTML5/Javascript dropdownlist control, the text parameter is null.

If I look at it with developer tools in Chrome, there is a long querystring added that looks like this: Home/GetPurchasingOrganisations?filter%5Bfilters%5D%5B0%5D%5Bvalue%5D=test&filter%5Bfilters%5D%5B0%5D%5Bfield%5D=Value&filter%5Bfilters%5D%5B0%5D%5Boperator%5D=startswith&filter%5Bfilters%5D%5B0%5D%5BignoreCase%5D=true&filter%5Blogic%5D=and

 

How do I get the filter value out of this querystring in my controller?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2018
2 answers
447 views

Dear Team,

I am using the following js 2017.3.1026/kendo.all.min.js( I have used latest also but result was same) for Kendo. In our application I am using kendo ui editor. In the Same Page i am using the FileBrowser and Kendo Editor

The issue is below. The site is hosted in  https and the issue with only chrome (assumption is the issue is related with iframe). 

1)  In FileBrowser - When click on the When I click on the Insert File icon I am getting the below error in javascript

Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'getSelection' in undefined
    at Object.selectionFromWindow (kendo.all.min.js:65371)
    at Object.selectionFromDocument (kendo.all.min.js:65381)
    at init.getSelection (kendo.all.min.js:63676)
    at init.getRange (kendo.all.min.js:63686)
    at init.exec (kendo.all.min.js:63723)
    at init._executeToolCommand (kendo.all.min.js:71614)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (kendo.all.min.js:71602)
    at HTMLUListElement.dispatch (jquery-1.10.2.js:5109)
    at HTMLUListElement.elemData.handle (jquery-1.10.2.js:4780)

Please find the code

 @(Html.Kendo().Editor()
                                                    .Name("txtTest")
                                                    .Tools(tools => tools.Clear().InsertFile())
                                                    .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "height:auto", id = "txtTest" })
                                                     .Events(events => events
                                                      .Select("selectTestJavascript")
                                                    )
                                                    .FileBrowser(fileBrowser => fileBrowser
                                                    .File(Request.Url.GetLeftPart(UriPartial.Authority) + "/New/Test/{0}")
                                                         .Read("Read", "EmbargoFileBrowser", "Protected")
                                                         .Create("Create", "EmbargoFileBrowser", "Protected")
                                                         .Destroy("Destroy", "EmbargoFileBrowser", "Protected")
                                                         .Upload("Upload", "EmbargoFileBrowser", "Protected")

                                                        )

 

 

2)  Kendo Editor - I have given some by default values but it is showing when its load. I am not getting any error. Please find the code

 

 @(Html.Kendo().EditorFor(model => model.HtmlTest)
                                        .Name("HtmlText")
                                        .Encode(false)
                                        .HtmlAttributes(new { @class = "form-control", id = "txtMultile", style = "width: 100%;height:600px" })
                                        .Tools(tools => tools
                                        .Clear()
                                        .Bold().Italic().Underline().Strikethrough()
                                        .JustifyLeft().JustifyCenter().JustifyRight().JustifyFull()
                                        .InsertUnorderedList().InsertOrderedList()
                                        .Outdent().Indent()
                                        .CreateLink().Unlink()
                                        .InsertImage()
                                        .InsertFile()
                                        .SubScript()
                                        .SuperScript()
                                        .TableEditing()
                                        .ViewHtml()
                                        .Formatting()
                                        .CleanFormatting()
                                        .FontName()
                                        .FontSize()
                                        .FontColor().BackColor()
                                        )
                                        .ImageBrowser(imageBrowser => imageBrowser
                                        .Image(Request.Url.GetLeftPart(UriPartial.Authority) + "/New/Test/{0}")
                                                 .Read("Read", "EmbargoImageBrowser", "Protected")
                                                 .Create("Create", "EmbargoImageBrowser", "Protected")
                                                 .Upload("Upload", "EmbargoImageBrowser", "Protected")
                                                 .Thumbnail("Thumbnail", "EmbargoImageBrowser", "Protected"))
                                    

                                        )
                                        .Value(@<text>
                                        <h4><span style="font-family:Calibri;"><span style="background:yellow;">test data</span></h4>
                                        </p>
                                        </text>)

                                        )

 

Kindly request you to help as soon as possible

 

 

 

Ianko
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2018
1 answer
418 views
I need to create a multipage PDF.
Each page is created by a different URL.

From what I've seen so far, you can export a DIV (where HTML has already been rendered on the user's machine) to the PDF. But I did not see the option of creating multiple pages.

Does Telerik have any functionality that can help me solve my problem?
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2018
1 answer
142 views
Is it possible for the MVC version of the Kendo Grid to look like the RadGrid component when set up for self referencing? So that all the columns are part of the same grid with one column responsible for expanding and collapsing rows below?
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2018
4 answers
454 views

Hi everyone,

I am developing an ASP.NET Web Application, in which I am accessing an SQL database to retrieve information from a table.

The information accessed from SQL (one single table) is stored in an entity framework. Each item in the framework contains ID, ParentID and name.

In my application so far, I can print every item in the entity framework and its information (using a for loop).

 

I would like to generate a TreeView using Telerik to display each item, and its respective children items (we can figure that out from ParentID). I had a look at demos but none seemed to apply to my case, as the data that is contained in the entity framework is dynamic (it will not always be the same, sometimes they will be more or less levels in the tree,etc), so we cannot hard code the tree elements.

 

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks.

Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Mar 2018
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Scheduler
DropDownList
Chart
Editor
TreeView
DatePicker
ComboBox
Upload
MultiSelect
ListView
Window
TabStrip
Menu
Installer and VS Extensions
Spreadsheet
AutoComplete
TreeList
Gantt
PanelBar
NumericTextBox
Filter
ToolTip
Map
Diagram
Button
PivotGrid
Form
ListBox
Splitter
Application
FileManager
Sortable
Calendar
View
MaskedTextBox
PDFViewer
TextBox
Toolbar
Dialog
MultiColumnComboBox
DropDownTree
Checkbox
Slider
Switch
Notification
Accessibility
ListView (Mobile)
Pager
Security
ColorPicker
DateRangePicker
Wizard
Styling
Chat
DateInput
MediaPlayer
TileLayout
Drawer
SplitView
Template
Barcode
ButtonGroup (Mobile)
Drawer (Mobile)
ImageEditor
RadioGroup
Sparkline
Stepper
TabStrip (Mobile)
GridLayout
Badge
LinearGauge
ModalView
ResponsivePanel
TextArea
Breadcrumb
ExpansionPanel
Licensing
Rating
ScrollView
ButtonGroup
CheckBoxGroup
NavBar
ProgressBar
QRCode
RadioButton
Scroller
Timeline
TreeMap
TaskBoard
OrgChart
Captcha
ActionSheet
Signature
DateTimePicker
AppBar
BottomNavigation
Card
FloatingActionButton
Localization
MultiViewCalendar
PopOver (Mobile)
Ripple
ScrollView (Mobile)
Switch (Mobile)
PivotGridV2
FlatColorPicker
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
ActionSheet (Mobile)
BulletGraph
Button (Mobile)
Collapsible
Loader
CircularGauge
SkeletonContainer
Popover
HeatMap
Avatar
ColorGradient
CircularProgressBar
SplitButton
StackLayout
TimeDurationPicker
Chip
ChipList
DockManager
ToggleButton
Sankey
OTPInput
ChartWizard
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
TimePicker
StockChart
RadialGauge
ContextMenu
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?