Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
7 answers
386 views
Hi there,

I would like to disable or remove the <li> containing the "never" radiobutton, to force the user to set an end for the task. I managed to do this on the edit-event, but only for existing tasks. When I tried to hook the "change"-event of the recurrenceEditor, I couldn't get the selector $(':radio[value="never"]') to work. This part is undocumented, and a bit hard to "guess". Anyone got a hint?

Some example code:
01.<div data-container-for="recurrenceRule" class="k-edit-field">
02.    <div data-bind="value:recurrenceRule" id="recurrenceEditorDiv"></div>
03.    <script>
04.        $(function() {
05.            $("\#recurrenceEditorDiv").kendoRecurrenceEditor(
06.            {
07.                frequencies: ["never", "weekly"],
08.                change: function(e) {
09.                    // This would be nice if it worked
10.                    var rb = e.container.find(".k-recur-end-never");
11.                    rb.attr('disabled', 'disabled');
12. 
13.                    // Or this. This works in the grid's "edit"-event
14.                    var li = e.container.find(".k-recur-end-never")
15.                                        .parent()
16.                                        .parent();
17.                    li.remove();
18.                },
19.                messages: {
20.                    end: {
21.                        after: " efter ",
22.                        occurrence: " händelse(r)",
23.                        label: "Slut",
24.                        never: " aldrig",
25.                        on: " pÃ¥ "
26.                    },
27.                    frequencies: {
28.                        weekly: "per vecka",
29.                        never: "aldrig",
30.                    },
31.                    offsetPositions: {
32.                        first: "första",
33.                        second: "andra",
34.                        third: "tredje",
35.                        fourth: "fjärde",
36.                        last: "sista"
37.                    },
38.                    weekly: {
39.                        interval: " vecka(or)",
40.                        repeatEvery: "Intervall",
41.                        repeatOn: "Dagar "
42.                    },
43.                    weekdays: {
44.                        day: "Dag",
45.                        weekday: "Veckodag",
46.                        weekend: "Helgdag"
47.                    }
48.                }
49.            });
50.        });
51.    <\/script>
52.</div>
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Mar 2019
2 answers
1.1K+ views

I am using version 2019.1.220 with Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC, having upgraded recently from 2016.1.112, and I am now getting a Javascript error: "n is not a constructor". My chart is fairly simple:

@(Html.Kendo().Chart(Model.Errors)
    .Name("AppErrorsChart")
    .Title("Error BreakDown By % Frequency?")
    .Legend(legend => legend
        .Position(ChartLegendPosition.Top)
    )
    .Series(series =>
    {
        series.Pie<int>(model => model.Count, model => model.Type)
        .Labels(labels => labels
            .Visible(true)
            .Template("#= category # - #= kendo.format('{0:P}', percentage)#")
        );
    })
    .Tooltip(tooltip => tooltip.Visible(true).Template("#= dataItem.Error# (#= value#)").Color("#FFF"))
    .Events(e => e.SeriesClick("onCategorySeriesClick").AxisLabelClick("onCategorySeriesClick")
    )
)

 

Here is a Dojo that I created that demonstrates this: https://dojo.telerik.com/OBUzIVif

 

The error is in kendo.web.js, as shown in the attached screenshot.

 

Please advise on a course of action. Thank you.

Holly
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Mar 2019
3 answers
559 views

Hello,

I try to use some web font icons on my project buttons but found many of them showed as same black small triangle. for example 'k-i-search' displayed as expected. but 'k-i-folder-open' and many others always showed as black triangle. Could any one tell me how to resolve the issue?

Thanks.

 

@(Html.Kendo().Button()
    .Name("search")
    .Tag("span")
    .Content("Search")
    .Icon("k-icon k-i-search") <--Good
)

@(Html.Kendo().Button()
    .Name("open")
    .Tag("span")
    .Content("Open")
    .Icon("k-icon k-i-folder-open") <--showed black triangle
)

Teya
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Mar 2019
3 answers
424 views

Hi,

 

I want to display the forum like list view using Telerik Kendo ListView and did not find any proper solution. I did not want to use the hierarchical grid or the treelist view since I did not want to display it like a grid. Please let me know if there is any solution which I can try. I am using the below versions.

 

IDE: Visual Studio 2015 Professional

.Net Framework : 4.6.2

UI for ASP.NET MVC : 2017.3.1018.545

SQL Server : SQL Server 2016

 

I want something like the below link. Not exactly the same but wanted to reuse list view with hierarchy.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/6df3b1bc-bbd8-493b-aaf2-26cdb9ee36b9/does-anybody-know-how-to-convert-a-ipicturedisp-to-an-outlook-picture?forum=outlookdev

Milena
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Mar 2019
9 answers
456 views

 

Would like to use kendo validation error tooltips for a cell on a grid.  But the grid uses popup editing mode.  The cell in question is a clienttemplate with checkbox input.

Is it possible to activate the kendo validation tooltip for a cell even when the grid as a whole uses popup editing mode, or does it have to be incell or inline?

 

Alex Hajigeorgieva
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Mar 2019
3 answers
310 views

I have 2 Kendo UI Listboxes, I am not able to drag items from  Model.PTLUser.RolesToRemove to the other listbox. I dont see any javascript errors in the console. My code currently looks like this. 

<div role="application" class="" id="RolesList">
    @(Html.Kendo().ListBox()
            .Name("Model.PTLUser.RolesToRemove")
            .DataValueField("RoleName")
            .DataTextField("RoleName")
            .Draggable(true)
            .DropSources("Model.PTLUser.RolesToAssign")
            .ConnectWith("Model.PTLUser.RolesToAssign")
            .BindTo(Model.RolesAvailable)
            .Selectable(ListBoxSelectable.Single)
    )
        @(Html.Kendo().ListBox()
                .Name("Model.PTLUser.RolesToAssign")
                .DataValueField("RoleName")
                .DataTextField("RoleName")
                .Draggable(true)
                .DropSources("Model.PTLUser.RolesToRemove")
                .ConnectWith("Model.PTLUser.RolesToRemove")
                .BindTo(new List<string>())
                .Selectable(ListBoxSelectable.Single)
        )
     
</div>

 

 

 

 

Irving
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Mar 2019
1 answer
697 views
Hi Guys,



I need to sort the column into alpha numeric using server side sorting.

The expected result would be like this below:

Test1

Test2

Test10

Test100



But the actual result becomes like this:

Test1

Test10

Test100

Test2



This can be sorted using sort compare in client side but on server side sorting, the sortCompare is always null.

Does anyone know how to properly sort this on server side?


Thanks

Georgi
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2019
3 answers
206 views

I am creating a treeview, loaded from remote hierarchical data, similar to

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/treeview/remote-data-binding

I am trying to understand this line in the controller:

 hasChildren = e.Employees1.Any()

I assume that the employee model has a property where it checks for children.  Where can I actually look at the model?  Can I download all the demos along with the data model?

 

 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2019
6 answers
428 views
What is the equivalent to this in MVC

rowTemplate: kendo.template($("#rowTemplate").html()),

Thanks


Georgi
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2019
4 answers
1.8K+ views

I have server bound grid and a set message to be displayed when no data exists.  Below is my aspx view for the grid:

<% Html.Kendo().Grid(Model.BillingReport)
   .Name("billing_grid")
   .Columns(columns =>
   {
      columns.Bound(c => c.BillDate).Format("{0:M/d/yyyy}");
      columns.Bound(c => c.Account);
      columns.Bound(c => c.BillProgram);
      columns.Bound(c => c.Total).Format("{0:c}");
   })
   .NoRecords("No records found.")
   .Resizable(resizable => resizable.Columns(true))
   .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource.Server())
   .Render(); %>

 

On the rendered page, I see the column headers and nothing in the grid.  On the browser code, I see:

<tr class="k-no-data">
  <td colspan="5"></td>
</tr>

 

Why am I not seeing the message?

 

Preslav
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2019
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Scheduler
DropDownList
Chart
Editor
TreeView
DatePicker
ComboBox
Upload
MultiSelect
ListView
Window
TabStrip
Menu
Installer and VS Extensions
Spreadsheet
AutoComplete
TreeList
Gantt
PanelBar
NumericTextBox
Filter
ToolTip
Map
Diagram
Button
PivotGrid
Form
ListBox
Splitter
Application
FileManager
Sortable
Calendar
View
MaskedTextBox
PDFViewer
TextBox
Toolbar
Dialog
MultiColumnComboBox
DropDownTree
Checkbox
Slider
Switch
Notification
Accessibility
ListView (Mobile)
Pager
Security
ColorPicker
DateRangePicker
Wizard
Styling
Chat
DateInput
MediaPlayer
TileLayout
Drawer
SplitView
Template
Barcode
ButtonGroup (Mobile)
Drawer (Mobile)
ImageEditor
RadioGroup
Sparkline
Stepper
TabStrip (Mobile)
GridLayout
Badge
LinearGauge
ModalView
ResponsivePanel
TextArea
Breadcrumb
ExpansionPanel
Licensing
Rating
ScrollView
ButtonGroup
CheckBoxGroup
NavBar
ProgressBar
QRCode
RadioButton
Scroller
Timeline
TreeMap
TaskBoard
OrgChart
Captcha
ActionSheet
Signature
DateTimePicker
AppBar
BottomNavigation
Card
FloatingActionButton
Localization
MultiViewCalendar
PopOver (Mobile)
Ripple
ScrollView (Mobile)
Switch (Mobile)
PivotGridV2
FlatColorPicker
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
ActionSheet (Mobile)
BulletGraph
Button (Mobile)
Collapsible
Loader
CircularGauge
SkeletonContainer
Popover
HeatMap
Avatar
ColorGradient
CircularProgressBar
SplitButton
StackLayout
TimeDurationPicker
Chip
ChipList
DockManager
ToggleButton
Sankey
OTPInput
ChartWizard
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
TimePicker
StockChart
RadialGauge
ContextMenu
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?