Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
2 answers
603 views

I have a simple grid and try to get the updated row on server side but the model send is always empty

Client side Grid (View)

<div class="card-body">
        @(Html.Kendo().Grid<CoopTel_MultiLocation.Models.DummyModel>()
                    .Name("grid")
                    .Columns(columns =>
                    {
                        columns.Bound(p => p.Col1).Filterable(false);
                        columns.Bound(p => p.Col2);
                        columns.Bound(p => p.Col3);
                        columns.Bound(p => p.Col4);
                        columns.Bound(p => p.Col5);
                        columns.Bound(p => p.TestBooleen);
                        columns.Command(command => { command.Edit(); command.Destroy(); }).Title("Commandes").Width(250);
                    })
                    .Editable(editable => editable.Mode(GridEditMode.InLine))
                    .Pageable()
                    .Sortable()
                    .Scrollable()
                    .ToolBar(toolbar =>
                    {
                        toolbar.Search();
                        toolbar.Create();
                    })
                    .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "height:550px;" })
                    .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
                        .Ajax()
                        .PageSize(20)
                        .Model(model => { model.Id(p => p.Col1); })
                        .Read(read => read.Action("GetLocationUI", "GestionLocation"))
                        .Update(update => update.Action("DetailLocationUpdate", "GestionLocation"))
                        .Destroy(destroy => destroy.Action("DetailLocationDestroy", "GestionLocation"))
                        .Create(update => update.Action("DetailLocationCreate", "GestionLocation"))
                    )
        )
    </div>

GestionLocationController

        [AcceptVerbs(HttpVerbs.Post)]
        public ActionResult DetailLocationUpdate([DataSourceRequest] DataSourceRequest request, DummyModel Locations) <-- Location is always empty 
        {
            return Json("");
        }

Marc Jr
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jun 2020
11 answers
2.4K+ views
I have the following ComboBox on my view
@(Html.Kendo().ComboBoxFor(m => m.CurrentBooking.Resource.ResourceId)
    .Name(
"resourceAutoComplete")
    .DataTextField(
"ResourceName")
    .DataValueField(
"ResourceId")
    .BindTo(Model.Resources)
    .Placeholder(
"Select resource"))
But in my Save() action the Model.CurrentBooking.Resource is always null, and Model.CurrentBooking.ResourceId is always 0.

What am I doing wrong in my ComboBoxFor() configuration?
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2020
1 answer
156 views

Hi, I'm new in Telerik and currently using VB.net for my code. Can someone help to convert the below code to vb in vbhtml?

.DataSource(dataSource =>
    dataSource.Ajax().Read("AjaxInitGrid", "Shared").Model(model =>
    {
        model.Id(p => p.ID);
        model.Field(p => p.CreationDate).Editable(false);
           model.Field(p => p.BirthDate).Editable(false);
    })
)

 

I not able to convert model.Field(p => p.CreationDate).Editable(false) to vb.

Thanks.

 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2020
3 answers
897 views

Hi,

I have a kendogrid in MVC , in that i am loading switch and textbox and dropdown control using client template, below is the example, but when i change the value in textbox  and dropdownlist and switch and then i go to the next page in the grid  the entered and selected value is lost and back to original.for example below you can check, Is there any way to maintain the selected and entered value in the grid when i go to the next page in grid, please help on this.

 

 

http://dojo.telerik.com/@Iliana/eYUCi

 

Thanks

Mohammed

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2020
3 answers
101 views

When I call the  following

    /StatusGroups/ my controller code is as follows

public ActionResult GetStatusGroups([DataSourceRequest]DataSourceRequest request)
        {
            var SLAQuery = new OracleLogic();
            return Json(SLAQuery.GetStatusGroupsSLA().ToDataSourceResult(request), JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet);            
        }

and I get my populated grid using the following view code.

@(Html.Kendo().Grid<NTC_SLA_System.Models.StatusGroupsSLA>()
                                                                                .Name("grid")
                                                                                .Sortable()
                                                                                .Scrollable()
                                                                                .Filterable()
                                                                                .Columns(column =>
                                                                                {
                                                                                    column.Bound(c => c.TYPE_ID).Title("STGID");
                                                                                    column.Bound(c => c.TYPE_NAME).Title("Group Name");
                                                                                    column.Bound(c => c.INGROUPID).Format("{0:0}").Title("in Group");
                                                                                    column.Bound(c => c.ENTERED_DATE).Format("{0:MM-dd-yyyy}").Title("Created On");
                                                                                    column.Bound(c => c.ENTERED_DATE).Format("{0:MM-dd-yyyy}").Title("Modified Date");
                                                                                    column.Bound(c => c.MODIFY_BY).Title("Modified By");
                                                                                    column.Bound(c => c.TYPE_ID).ClientTemplate("<a class='ntc-blue' href=\"" + Url.Action("ViewType", new {                                                                                      ID = "#=TYPE_ID#" }) + "\">View</a>").Title("Action");
                                                                                })
          .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource

           .Ajax()
           .Model(model => model.Id(p => p.Id))
            .Read(read => read.Action("GetStatusGroups", "StatusGroups"))
            .ServerOperation(false)
            .PageSize(20))

If I click on View in that Grid I go to /StatusGroups/ViewType/1

My controller code is as follows

public ActionResult ViewType([DataSourceRequest]DataSourceRequest request, string id = null)
        {
            var SLAQuery = new OracleLogic();
            return Json(SLAQuery.GetStatusGroupsViewSLA(id).ToDataSourceResult(request), JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet);
        }  

and my view code is

 @(Html.Kendo().Grid<NTC_SLA_System.Models.StatusGroupsViewSLA>()

                                .Name("grid")
                                .Sortable(sortable => sortable
                                .AllowUnsort(true)
                                .SortMode(GridSortMode.MultipleColumn)
                                .ShowIndexes(true))
                                .Scrollable()                                
                                .Columns(column =>
                                {
                                    column.Bound(c => c.STATUS_NAME).Template(c => c.STATUS_ID + "&nbsp-&nbsp" + c.STATUS_NAME).Title("To Status Name");
                                    column.Bound(c => c.STATUS_ID).Template(@<text>@Html.ActionLink("Remove", "ViewType", new { id = @item.STATUS_ID })                                                    </text>).Title("Action").Sortable(false).HtmlAttributes(new { @class = "center-text" });
                                })

.DataSource(datasource => datasource
                                        .Ajax()
                                        .Model(model =>
                                        {                                                                                        
                                            model.Field(f => f.STATUS_NAME);                                            
                                        })
                                        .Read(read => read.Action("ViewType", "StatusGroups"))                                        
                                )
The Grid result is empty no data.

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2020
1 answer
114 views

Hi

When I create a new table in the editor and select the value 0 for the cellspacing property in the table tab, the value is not applied to the html.

The next time I open the wizard for the same table, the value for the cellspacing property is blank (as if no value has been set).

Is this by design?

When I paste the html that the wizard produces, into for example https://htmledit.squarefree.com/ the cellspacing=0 is vital to make the table look correct.

This makes it hard to use the html that is produced anywhere else than in the editor.

 

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2020
2 answers
311 views

     Hi All, I'm wondering a couple questions. I have a grid and I want it to populate in the middle of the screen and populate to the right while leaving the left side of the screen blank. 

 

I ask this because I saw a option that achieves what I want. I believe it's called Kendo UI splitter. Is their an option like that for MVC Grid? 

 

If their is no option, then what I have done is made a Kendo Menu, on the same page that the grid populates. Problem is the grid is always under the menu, and not to the right. Is their a way to make it be to the right of the menu? 

Petar
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2020
2 answers
227 views
How would one go about cancelling an upload in progress? AutoUpload is off, and I'm using Async.
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
 answered on 17 Jun 2020
3 answers
765 views

Getting Kendo to work with a Content Security Policy in MVC 5 is not easy and documentation is scarce.

I tried using the NWebSec CSP package from Nuget (5.1.1 https://docs.nwebsec.com/en/aspnet4/index.html) but could not get Kendo to work with the NWebSec <content-Security-Policy> section in Web.config. Even though the CSP looked fine in report-only mode and Kendo Widgets work, as soon as you turn on the CSP, the Widgets fail completely.

I remarked out the <content-Security-Policy> section of the <nwebsec> in Web.config and moved all of my CSP directives back into <httpProtocol> <customHeaders> and Kendo MVC (2018.1.322) now works.

By maintaining NWebSec as part of the project and adding @using NWebsec.Mvc.HttpHeaders.Csp into Views and applying the HTMLHelper into script tags I get an automatically generated nonce for any inline scripts <script @Html.CspScriptNonce() > so it is still valuable to keep NWebSec

script-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval' kendo.cdn.telerik.com

Hope this is useful for someone else

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2020
1 answer
1.5K+ views
How to Add validation for duplicate values for column in a Grid
Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2020
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Scheduler
DropDownList
Chart
Editor
TreeView
DatePicker
ComboBox
Upload
MultiSelect
ListView
Window
TabStrip
Menu
Installer and VS Extensions
Spreadsheet
AutoComplete
TreeList
Gantt
PanelBar
NumericTextBox
Filter
ToolTip
Map
Diagram
Button
PivotGrid
Form
ListBox
Splitter
Application
FileManager
Sortable
Calendar
View
MaskedTextBox
PDFViewer
TextBox
Toolbar
Dialog
MultiColumnComboBox
DropDownTree
Checkbox
Slider
Switch
Notification
Accessibility
ListView (Mobile)
Pager
Security
ColorPicker
DateRangePicker
Wizard
Styling
Chat
DateInput
MediaPlayer
TileLayout
Drawer
SplitView
Template
Barcode
ButtonGroup (Mobile)
Drawer (Mobile)
ImageEditor
RadioGroup
Sparkline
Stepper
TabStrip (Mobile)
GridLayout
Badge
LinearGauge
ModalView
ResponsivePanel
TextArea
Breadcrumb
ExpansionPanel
Licensing
Rating
ScrollView
ButtonGroup
CheckBoxGroup
NavBar
ProgressBar
QRCode
RadioButton
Scroller
Timeline
TreeMap
TaskBoard
OrgChart
Captcha
ActionSheet
Signature
DateTimePicker
AppBar
BottomNavigation
Card
FloatingActionButton
Localization
MultiViewCalendar
PopOver (Mobile)
Ripple
ScrollView (Mobile)
Switch (Mobile)
PivotGridV2
FlatColorPicker
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
ActionSheet (Mobile)
BulletGraph
Button (Mobile)
Collapsible
Loader
CircularGauge
SkeletonContainer
Popover
HeatMap
Avatar
ColorGradient
CircularProgressBar
SplitButton
StackLayout
TimeDurationPicker
Chip
ChipList
DockManager
ToggleButton
Sankey
OTPInput
ChartWizard
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
TimePicker
StockChart
RadialGauge
ContextMenu
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?