This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

AlternateRowBackground no longer works with 2010 q2 controls

2 Answers 49 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Matt Greer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matt Greer asked on 28 Sep 2010, 10:31 PM
I had AlternateRowBackground working great on my RadGridViews. I noticed a while back it no longer works, but never gave it much thought. Now that I am investigating it, I see this looks like it is a  breaking change in the 2010 SP2 controls. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

In a brand new Silverlight Project with only this UserControl, the alternate color briefly appears as the grid loads up, then gets covered with white.

<UserControl
    mc:Ignorable="d"
    x:Class="SilverlightApplication1.UserControl1"
    d:DesignWidth="640" d:DesignHeight="480">
    <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot">
        <telerik:RadGridView x:Name="_grid" Width="400" Height="300" AlternateRowBackground="Red" AlternationCount="2" />
    </Grid>
</UserControl>

And my code behind is innocent:

namespace SilverlightApplication1
{
    public partial class UserControl1 : UserControl
    {
        public UserControl1()
        {
            // Required to initialize variables
            InitializeComponent();

_grid.ItemsSource = Enumerable.Range(5, 10);
        }
    }
}

Video illustrating the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvIjj2ggvxw

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
IE8 8.0.7600.16385
Silverlight 4, 4.0.50826.0
Telerik controls version 2010.2.812.1040

IE Specific bug
This bug is specific to IE. In Chrome 6 on WIndows the alternate rows show up just fine. I know IE is not the greatest browser, but you guys need to test your stuff out in it every once in a while :) This is the second bad IE specific bug I have found (the other being the RadTreeView drag and drop reported in the TreeView forum).

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Matt Greer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Sep 2010, 12:12 AM
I have found the reason for this issue. My IE was set to 120% zoom somehow. In fact you can even see the 120% zoom setting in the lower right corner of my video.

Setting it back to 100% zoom fixes this issue. The alternating rows appear as expected.

I would still argue this is a bug, but a much less serious one than I at first thought.
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2010, 08:00 AM
Hi Matt Greer,

We had different problems in RadGridView when browser zooming is used, but they are already fixed. If you upgrade to our latest version - Q2 2010 SP2 (.0924), the problem with AlternationRowBackground will no longer exist.

Greetings,
Yordanka
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Matt Greer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Matt Greer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yordanka
Telerik team