This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Adding KendoMenu to column header in a grid breaks column re-ordering (in 2013.2.918)

2 Answers 26 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alex asked on 04 Jan 2018, 09:35 AM

This is probably a long shot, but thought I'd ask if anyone has any suggestions.

I've got a grid where the first column is a checkbox column for selecting rows. I've then added a kendoMenu to this column to provide actions to perform on the selected rows. However if I start re-ordering columns they get messed up in weird and wonderful ways.

We're on version 2013.2.918 and I've recreated the issue in a kendo dojo (try dragging Quantity Per Unit over to be the first column to see the error).

I've updated the example to the very next released version of kendo (2014.1.318) and the problem goes away. However due to project timeframes a kendo upgrade at this point would not be ideal.

Can anyone suggest a workaround (without upgrading kendo)? 

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jan 2018, 11:56 AM

Found a workaround. The issue is caused by the menu having a class of k-header. Using jQuery to remove this class after the menu is created solved the problem. (Just needed to add a bit of styling to compensate)

http://dojo.telerik.com/@fluxmunki/eriTIt/9

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2018, 07:59 AM
Hello, Alex,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing the workaround with the community it is highly appreciated.

We do recommend updating to the latest version whenever possible, to take advantage of all new features and bug fixes made over these 4 years.

Regards,
Stefan
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stefan
Telerik team