Add custom button to toolbar

1 Answer 5411 Views
Grid
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeff asked on 09 May 2018, 10:47 PM
How do I add a button to the toolbar of a grid? There isn't much documentation other than using the default commands, which aren't helpful. Ideally, I should be  able to say, 

toolbar: [{
name: 'new',
id: 'createNew',
text: "Create New ",
click: function(e) {
// do stuff
}
}]

I've seen other solutions where I define a template, but I think that is a poor solution, especially if your app is highly modularized. How do you add a button via config options?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi
Telerik team
answered on 11 May 2018, 11:36 AM
Hello Jeff,

The full list of configuration settings of the toolbar can be found in the documentation:

Have in mind that a click handler property is not available. However, the grid adds a custom class that contains the name of the command. Therefore the click handler can be attached as shown below:

$(".k-grid-new").click(function(e){ // note that the class is k-grid-new since the name of the command is new
  alert(1)
  // handler body
});

For your convenience below you will find a sample which demonstrates the above approach:

Regards,
Georgi
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi
Telerik team
Share this question
or