This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

A few questions

3 Answers 53 Views
DataServiceDataSource
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kurt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kurt asked on 15 Jul 2011, 02:02 AM
I'm considering the purchase of Q2 2011 specifically for this control as I'm hoping it will take some of the time and effort out of working with hand-coded ObservableCollections to interact with our WCF service.  

I downloaded the trial and it installed fine (other than not installing any of the controls in the VS tool box like it's supposed to).  After dragging the control into the window and trying to do a test build I get "The tag 'RadDataServiceDataSource' does not exist in XML namespace 'http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation'.".

I'm hoping there is a solution to this problem so I can move on to the next challenge of finding any sort of documentation for this new control.  I'm not looking for generic northwind examples with 10 lines of code-- I'm looking for documentation.

Thanks!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2011, 07:17 AM
Hello Kurt,

Could you please check whether your project has references to the following assemblies:

Telerik.Windows.Controls
Telerik.Windows.Data
Telerik.Windows.Controls.DataSource -> here is the RadDataServiceDataSource.

In case they are missing for some reason, could you please add them and then try again?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Ross
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Kurt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2011, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately, when I came to my desk this morning my Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate had crashed (it's a 1 year old install and has never done that before).  Now when I try to open Visual Studio, it throws the error: "The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher' threw an exception."

I uninstalled the trial version of the controls, but that seems to not have made any difference.  I'm going to have to re-install Visual Studio to see what's going on.  Hopefully the install of the Q2 package and VS's demise were a coincidence.  I'll let you know
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jul 2011, 07:46 AM
Hi Kurt,

It seem that your VS is corrupt.

Here is what I found on the MS forums:

·         Please try to run devenv /ResetSettings (in command prompt) to eliminate the related potential settings problem.

·         Try disabling Add-ins (e.g. “Tools” | “Add-in Manager”) or run “devenv.exe /SafeMode”.This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems. (For more detailed VS command line switches information, see:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xee0c8y7.aspx )

·         Try creating a new project. Sometimes corrupted project settings can cause problems. These are project specific.

·         If the issue still exists, I recommend you repair your Visual Studio 2005. To do so: Start>>Control Panel>>Uninstall a program>>Choose Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 – ENU>>Uninstall/Change>>Repair/Reinstall.

·         If the problem still occurs, I recommend you update your Visual Studio 2005 to Service Pack 1. You can download Service Pack 1 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5553

·         If your OS is Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2, I recommend you install this update:http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=7524

·         Try to create a new user account. This can help isolate user profile corruption related causes.

I hope this will help.

Best wishes,
Ross
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Tags
DataServiceDataSource
Asked by
Kurt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
Kurt
Top achievements
Rank 1