This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

New Row Position

1 Answer 68 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ben
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ben asked on 12 Nov 2013, 10:15 PM
Hi there,

We have a data-bound RadGridView to which we’re programmatically adding rows. The position in which the rows are added naturally depends on how the grid is sorted. Is there a way to override this behavior, however? We’d like to insert rows at the end of the grid even if this violates the order in which users have manually sorted the grid.

I’ve tried using a BindingList in order to more closely manage the insertion order, but to no avail.

Thank you so much!

Cheers,
Ben Leibert

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 13 Nov 2013, 05:02 PM
Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.

This functionality is not supported by RadGridView. As long as any sorting is applied to the grid the newly added rows will be inserted regarding to the sort order. 

As a suggestion for this case you can disable the sorting in the grid and manually order the items in the collection in such way that their order meet your criteria. This way the grid will display the rows regarding of the objects order in the collection.

I hope this information helps. Should you have any other questions, I will be glad to assist you.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Ben
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Share this question
or