This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is this possible?

3 Answers 31 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ultramods
Top achievements
Rank 1
ultramods asked on 15 Oct 2013, 01:54 PM
I am looking to create my first app that would be available on android and IOS and would like to know which of the following is possible with kendo UI and Icenium

Say I had an app for viewing different styles of external house doors (there will be a list of different doors) on a house.

Get photo of house (using either camera or exisiting photo in directory)
drag different images of door styles from a list onto (on top of) the house photo
Resize door image to cover door in house photo.

Thank you in advance for any help.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Oct 2013, 06:19 AM
Hello,

I would suggest you to take a look at our demos and the API reference in order to see what Kendo UI Mobile offers and if it matches your requirements. 

Regards,
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
ultramods
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Oct 2013, 08:46 AM
I have had a look at the demos and documentation and wasn't convinced which is why I posted.

I am currently evaluating html 5 / native and thought that someone within Telerik would have been able to give me answers easily.
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2013, 03:23 PM
Hello,

Kendo UI Mobile offers components to build user interface and handle user interactions, this is why for the camera functionality, you will need to find a way to operate with the device hardware, as this is not supported by Kendo UI Mobile.

For the drag and drop functionality, you can check the following demo, showing what you can do with Kendo UI:

http://demos.kendoui.com/web/dragdrop/index.html

Regards,
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
ultramods
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
ultramods
Top achievements
Rank 1