This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Keep Customized Settingpane's showing

3 Answers 78 Views
Diagram
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vincent asked on 01 Aug 2013, 05:59 AM
Hi Experts,

I have done a customized settingspane referenced to the MindMap example(But I change the RadDiagramShape instead of MindmapRootShape in example case). And in the my settingspane, I have a button to open a new window, when the window closed, the settingspane will be closed by default.

What I want is to keep its showing. Or when the window closed, the settingspane should be show again. How to do it like this ? Thanks  very much. It is appreciate if you can provide me a simple example.

I know there is a solution to subscribe to window's Closed() event and reopen the settingspane. But the settingspane is a UserContorl, how can I achieve it? Example is appreciated. Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2013, 01:14 PM
Hello Vincent,

I already answered to this question in this forum thread. Please take a look at my answer and let me know if it works for you.

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2013, 01:25 AM
I have answered it but with no reply for days. So I ask again.

As I said in the post, the settingspane is a usercontrol, how can I subscribe to window's Closed() event and reopen the settingspane. Example is appreciate. Thanks.
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2013, 12:01 PM
Hello Vincent,

I am not sure about your current implementation and I can not make a proper suggestion. However, if you create the RadWindow control in code you can subscribe to its Close event like this:

RadWindow window = new RadWindow ( );
window.Closed += window_Closed;

void window_Closed ( object sender, WindowClosedEventArgs e )
{
    throw new NotImplementedException ( );
}
If you create your window in XAML you can subscribe to the same event like this:

<telerik:RadWindow Closed="RadWindow_Closed" ... />
And the handler will be created in code behind like this:
private void RadWindow_Closed ( object sender, WindowClosedEventArgs e )
{

}
Furthermore, if you set your UserControl as content of this window you will be able to use RadWindow.Close() and RadWindow.Show() methods to open and close your UserControl.

I hope that this information will help you.

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
Diagram
Asked by
Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1