This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Table of Contents

4 Answers 144 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sean asked on 24 Jul 2012, 03:22 PM
Hi all,

I need to create a TOC for 3 of several reports I am working on. I am aware that telerik does not offer quick easy solution, however I still need this functionality. I haven't been able to find a detailed work around and if anyone has succesfully overcome this problem I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thank you 

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2012, 03:54 PM
Hi Sean,

Indeed TOC is not yet among the features our product offers. The closest thing we have is a feature called DocumentMap, which allows easy navigation within the report content while previewing the report in any of the report viewers, additionally it is also included in the BookMarks pane of exported PDFs.

In order to enable the DocumentMap, set the DocumentMapText property of the items and groups in the report. For detailed information please refer to the help article Document Map.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

BLOGGERS WANTED! Write a review about Telerik Reporting or the new Report Designer, post it on your blog and get a complimentary license for Telerik Reporting. We’ll even promote your blog and help bring you a few fresh readers. Yes, it’s that simple. And it’s free. Get started today >

Lars
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2013, 10:10 AM
Hi Telerik,

is there any Update about the TOC requirement?

This feature would really improve the Telerik Reporting!

KR

Lars
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2013, 12:19 PM
Hello Lars,

Since we have provided the Document Map feature, the priority of having TOC is not high. When it is selected for implementation it will appear on our Roadmap.

For now please use the suggested solution.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q1 2013? You can get them from your account.

Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 14 Sep 2016, 12:36 PM
Hello,

We are glad to share that the Table of Contents feature is included in the R3 2016 release of Telerik Reporting.

You can download the product from your Telerik account and check the release notes and online help.

A sample report demonstrating the feature is available in our online demos.

Any feedback and suggestions for further improvement will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Lars
Top achievements
Rank 1