This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

'Telerik' is not a member of 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper'

2 Answers 88 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Jillian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jillian asked on 26 Apr 2012, 02:31 PM
I have an MVC2 Project.  I have converted to an MVC telerik project (verson 2012.1.419).  I can debug my project with no problems, but I have errors saying 'Telerik' is not a member of 'System.web.Mvc.HtmlHelper', and I have no intellisense for my Html.Telerik controls.  I have added namespace "telerik.web.mvc.ui" to my "Views" web.config, and the upgrade wizard has automatically updated my project web.config. How can I fix this error and get my intellisense back?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 May 2012, 10:19 PM
I'm having the same problem - also MVC2, also 2012.1.214.  I'm using VS Web Developer 2010 Express.  Any updates  on this?  BTW, I added the "telerik.web.mvc.ui" namespace directly to the project Web.config (vs the Views Web.config), but I get the same error.

Note: I dropped back to MVC2 so I could get Telerik started.  I would also like some help with getting started in MVC3, which has different files in Web Developer (no Site.Master). 
Tieson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Jun 2012, 06:54 AM
Don't forget that you also need to add the namespace reference to the web.config that resides in the /Views directory. Once you do that, close and then re-open any views you had open and you should get code-completion and Intellisense.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jillian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tieson
Top achievements