This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problems with CurrentRowChanging event

1 Answer 40 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Remus Radu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Remus Radu asked on 20 Apr 2011, 07:40 PM
I have a hierarchical grid with 2 levels and I am relying on the CurrentRowChanging event to be thrown to load data into another section of the app. 

The sequence is this: select a parent row (works), expand, select a child row (works), select the same parent row again (does not throw the event). I understand why it does not throw the event, after all the current row has not changed in the parent data source but that makes it such that I cannot reload the data pertaining to the parent row into that different section of the form.

Is there a workaround? What can I do to accomplish what I am describing (display data for the currently visually selected row into another part of the form). Repeat, visually selected.

Sure enough, if I select another parent row, that works too. It is just not doing anything when clicking on the same parent row as before.
Is there another event that I can handle to resolve this?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2011, 12:34 PM
Hi Remus,

This is an issue that appeared in the old versions of our controls. There is no workaround we can provide you with for the version that you are currently using - Q2 2008 SP1. However, the issue is addressed in our latest release - Q1 2011 SP1. I recommend that you try this release. We will appreciate your feedback regarding it.

Should you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Greetings,
Jack
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Remus Radu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
Share this question
or