This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2015.3 930 update issues

4 Answers 97 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gal
Top achievements
Rank 2
Gal asked on 02 Oct 2015, 12:17 PM

Hi All 

I'm attempting to upgrade from version 2015.1.429 and there are sevral minor changes in the controls that break the UI.
I Thought it will be a good idea to have a thread that will have all issues in the last update in one place. 

• Empty k-focus causes the numeric textbox to break silently and fails to render. removing the empty k-focus="" solved the issue. 
  • k-orientation now require single quotes while in previous version did not require it. replacing k-orientation="horizontal" with k-orientation="'horizontal'" solved the issue 

I will be posting all issues I encountered on this thread and will be thrilled to hear your input

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Gal
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Oct 2015, 01:25 PM

Hi All

Just ran into another issue in the latest version with the window and kendo editor.
When a window contains a kendo editor angular throws an exception.
I have attached a sample of the problem + an image of the exception.

Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2015, 06:15 AM
Hi Gal,

Here are some quick notes on the raised topics.

- every k-foo="" attribute with an empty (undefined) value will prevent the widget from initializing, this does not apply to specific widgets or attributes. Can you describe a valid use case, which requires using empty k-foo attributes?

- the Splitter's orientation property accepts a string value, so using k-orientation="horizontal" without inner quotes has always been incorrect
http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/AngularJS/introduction#widget-options-in-html

- the Editor + Window problem is caused by the fact that the widgets are initialized while outside the DOM, which is not recommended. This has worked in previous versions due to an initialization timeout, which we removed.
http://docs.telerik.com/KENDO-UI/intro/installation/markup#initialize-kendo-ui-widgets-from-markup

On a side note, you may want to include comments from Telerik support staff in this thread too, so that we don't have to duplicate our responses from similar support tickets of yours. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Dimo
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Gal
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Oct 2015, 06:44 AM

Hi Dimo

​Regarding k-orientation="horizontal" I understand that this is now wrong BUT this worked in previous version so I found it relevant to inform of the issue. I guess you had a default for "undefined" that was ​'horizontal' that has now been removed.

I will update the thread when I find or get solutions. 

Gal
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Oct 2015, 07:06 AM

Hi Dimo

Regarding k-foo="" attribute with an empty (undefined) value. I think a control should initializing as much as possible and a single (undefined) value should not break a control but have a fallback to some default so as not to have an empty page.

But I can live with it :-) BUT I thought I should inform of the change in behaviour that exists in the current version as I found it in 4-5 places in my code.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Gal
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Gal
Top achievements
Rank 2
Dimo
Telerik team