This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

100000 bar in a single chart

4 Answers 55 Views
Charts
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Hitesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Hitesh asked on 04 Sep 2015, 12:02 PM

Hi 

we have a requirement to show 100000 bars in a single chart, does kendo chart support it what is the overhead on performance..

What is the best way to show more than 90 K + data in a bar chart , i know about zoom option.

Regards,

Hitesh Taneja

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Plamen Lazarov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Sep 2015, 12:28 PM

Hi Hitesh,

I am not sure whether I understand the exact outcome you are trying to achieve. Please elaborate a bit more and we will be happy to provide you with some guidelines. 

Regards,
Plamen Lazarov
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Hitesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2015, 06:19 AM

Hi 

We have a requirement to show 100000 columns/bar in  11 graph using client side kendo chart, We found loading more then 10000 columns/ bar at the same time with 11 graph is consuming more than 1 GB of IE memory and then IE becoms unresponsive.

Any baseline do you have with the control should not load more than n number of data.

Please note that we are using AngularJS.

EZ
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Sep 2015, 02:57 PM

What happens if you render as canvas instead of svg

renderAs()

Canvas ends up as one DOM element whereas in SVG each bar is a DOM element IE has to parse.

Plamen Lazarov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Sep 2015, 02:27 PM
Hi Hitesh,

The suggestion by EZ should get you somewhat better performance.

Also please consider the Pan and Zoom demo. It applies filtering to the source data so you don't have to render all the data points at once.

If your data is time-based consider the Stock Chart with its aggregation and virtualization support.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Plamen Lazarov
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tags
Charts
Asked by
Hitesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Plamen Lazarov
Telerik team
Hitesh
Top achievements
Rank 1