This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

In Cell Editing slow on IE9+

1 Answer 30 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Omar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Omar asked on 03 Mar 2014, 10:26 PM
Hi,

I'm currently working on a web application where we are trying to make it easy for the user to edit data without jumping around too much, the data consists of about 8 columns, most of them are foreign keys and a couple have a custom template. We are trying to stay away from paging as much as possible.

Everything works fine up to 10-20 rows, after that getting the cells into edit mode takes between 1 and 1.5 seconds and it just starts becoming slower and slower when hitting 100 records or more. Under Chrome this is a lot faster although you can still notice some delay but it is still workable. Is there anything that we can do to increase performance on IE9+? (Tested up to 11 and it is a lot faster, but current standard on the client is IE9)

I also tested with scrolling and virtualizing and if I keep the page sizes to around 10 rows it works a lot better but it messes up some of our styling for some reason, and adds an extra scroll bar to the page as well. It's a bit faster than my application but you can still notice the delays if you test on IE9.

Here's a simple jsFiddle to replicate some of this behavior, I just took one of your demos and added more rows and duplicated columns.

http://jsfiddle.net/f7dk7/1/

Thanks,
Omar

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Kendo UI
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Mar 2014, 08:20 AM
Indeed, older IE versions are nototiously slower when handling and modifying large DOM trees. Since you have many columns, please consider using paging until an acceptable level of performance is achieved. You could use different settings for different browsers if you wish.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Omar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kendo UI
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or