Docs & Support
Get A Free Trial
close mobile menu
Test Studio Run-Time 2011.21117
November 17, 2011
- Firefox 8 support.
- Performance testing improvements and new features.
- New CompareView.
- Multi-machine profiling.
- Manual test runner improvements
- WPF tests support
- Non-IE browsers support
- Fixed NavigateTo step not being recorded in some scenarios.
- Fixed DPI setting highlighting offset.
- Added new project setting (General - Propmpt for element name before adding). If turned on pops up a dialog for custom element name on adding to the project.
- Added test owner to notify for failing tests. In a large project each test can be associated with specific owner to be report failures to.
- Added support for loading custom assemblies built against .Net 4.0.
- 'Machine is Hung' error is gone.
- DOM Explorer:
- Solved the 'Maximum DOM tree depth exceeded' limitation.
- Improved Test Explorer.
- Fixed Frames[name] not loading completely the frame. [BUG #132680]
- Fixed download dialog intermittently times out. [BUG #130958]
- Added support for Firefox 8.
- Fixed missing cookies problem. [BUG #131499]
- Fixed DOM sync problem with Chrome execution. [BUG #133408, PITS #8190]
- Adds FrameworkElement.RenderSize missing property. Fixes RenderSize verification doesn't compile if converted to code. [BUG #127197, PITS #7404]
- Improved the TreeViewItem.Select/Toggle actions scroll to be visible before performing the actual action. [BUG #132122, PITS #8065]
- Fixed ActiveApplication.QuitOnDetach property is disregarded in WPF tests. [BUG #127968, PITS #7520]
- Added SelectItemByIndex/Text() overloads for automatic opening of the drop down. [BUG #76174]
- Exposed Polyline.Points and Geometry.Bounds properties in Silverlight.
- Exposed new FrameworkElement.IsHitTest() (SL/WPF) methods to help indicate whether an element is really visible to the user.
- Fixed test template not compatible with the latest NUnit version. [BUG #125628, PITS #7146]
- Fixed cannot send keys with Shift key held down. [BUG #134624]
[Common (Standalone + VS)]
- Fixed possible unhandled exception on saving tests (could happen if files are locked by another process). [BUG #131520]
- Fixed DataEnabled property will not be automatically updated when binding the test to an external data source. [BUG #132225, PITS 8072]
- Adds test owner to notify for failing tests. In a large project each test can be associated with specific owner to be reported any failures to. [BUG #131510]
- Adds an option to the command line runner to specify the run result file name. [BUG #126721, PITS #7304]
- Fixed playback doesn't work for left handed mouse. [BUG #76885]
- Fixed InheritParentDataSource doesn't respect the parent data if data-driven and data is configured differently.
- Fixed data-binding connect to popup problem. [BUG #132817]
- Fixed unable to load more than one external assembly resulting in FileNotFound exception on executing the coded step using the external assembly. [BUG #133515]
- Fixed Run Selected Steps always turns on recording even it has been turned off explicitly. [BUG #127013]
- Fixed NavigateTo step not being recorded on quick URL type or browser load. [BUG #121639]
- Fixed when DPI setting is other than default of 96, highlighting is offset. [BUG #73184]
- Added new project setting (General - Propmpt for element name before adding). If turned on pops up a dialog for custom element name on adding to the project. [Bug #131574]
- Fixed LoadPage loading the Intro page after the actual one.
- Fixed unable to attach the recorder again if clicked close during loading. [BUG #133052]
- Fixed unhandled exception on closing Test Studio while attaching the recorder. [BUG #134410]
- Fixed page identification doesn't respect the BaseUrl if set. [BUG 120623, PITS #6426]
- Fixed unable to record type text for input type="search" [BUG #128030]
- Fixed recording a click on an <input type=file"> doesn't turn on SimulateRealClick as necessary. [BUG #128881]
- Fixed problem recording drag & drop in custom scenario. [BUG #131453]
- Fixed execution failure within IFrame doesn't capture the entire DOM of the page and just the frame's one. [BUG #116283]
- Fixed coded steps do not respect the Frame BaseURL setting. [BUG #131991, PITS #8053]
- Fixed incorrect passing execution of Html popup test in test list. [BUG #132612]
- Fixed cannot connect to HTML popup in FF,Safari and Chrome if the connection step is in a Test as Step. [BUG #129884, PITS #7832]
- Fixed recording stops working after closing HTML popup in a customer scenario. [BUG #133875, PITS #8251]
- Fixed not recording set text action on html5 email input field. [BUG #135193]
- Fixed HTML popup test passes on his own, but throws exception when used in a test as a step. [BUG #133180]
- Fixed Dialog Handling in Test List execution does not work for FF4/5/6. [BUG #127413]
- Fixed AJAX drop down selection fails under IE9. [BUG #115047]
- ComboBox selection steps contain new 'OpenDropDownBeforeSelection' property -- a item selection step can be configured to open the drop down and select the item at once.
- Exposed XAML ListBox.ItemsCount verification. [BUG #130961]
- Fixed problem recording SandDock custom control actions. [BUG #125215, PITS #7083]
- Exposed SL/WPF "IsEnabled" verification. [BUG #102172]
- Fixed SL checkbox action inside ListBox fails on playback. [BUG #133973, PITS #8267]
- Fixed possible exception on executing WPF tooltip verification. [BUG #130360]
- Fixed RecycleBrowser setting is affecting WPF Test Lists. [BUG #135787]
- Fixed Silverlight error when you execute test case with Safari 5.1. [BUG #136264]
- Adds support for loading custom assemblies built against .Net 4.0.
- Fixed scenario for not generating the Pages file.
- 'Machine is Hung' status will no longer appear.
- Fixed using MultipleBrowserExecution with Scheduling kills the Execution Client process. [BUG #135669]
- Fixed Execution Server service problem running under non-administrator account. [BUG #100263]
- Fixed possible unhandled exception highlighting problematic elements. [BUG #129674, PITS #7805]
- Fixed unable to select the last step in certains scenarios.
- Fixed incorrect scrolling of the test explorer after opening the view log dialog.
- Fixed possible unhandled exception on pasting clipboard data. [BUG #131604]
- Fixed losing custom description on undo/redo actions.
- Added row header click of the steps grid marks the row as current item. Adding next step (either by recording or adding manually) respects the current item. [BUG #129282]
- Fixed unable to set 'Record Before Selected' for the first step. [BUG #130195]
- Fixed possible unhandled exception on dragging steps. [BUG #132040]
- Fixed possible unhandled exception on openining the Log View. [BUG #132462]
- Added Edit custom description option in the context menu. [BUG #125031]
- Fixed edit of the SelectedDate field for RadCalendar Select date test step is not working. [BUG #133136]
- Fixed missing context menu if the user clicks below the steps area. [BUG #133069]
- Fixed unhandled exception on cut/delete/paste steps scenario. [BUG #135379]
- Fixed unhandled exception pasting steps between Test Studio instances. [BUG #135467]
- Fixed Cut&Paste of test steps between test cases is working as Copy&Paste. [BUG #135553]
- Fixed 'Validate All Elements' option doesn't notify for problematic elements. [BUG #131619]
- Fixed lost selection on elements refresh. [BUG #122751]
- Fixed incorrect merging of pages issues.
- Fixed elements are not visibile after deleting all and starting to add new ones. [BUG #132343]
- Fixed unhandled exception trying to load an WPF app from the elements explorer. [BUG #133487]
- Fixed simultaneous loading of two different pages from elements may freeze the application. [BUG #134112]
- Fixed unhandled exception on expanding items in the Elements Explorer. [BUG #134698]
- Added step respects the UserSettings (like SimulateReal* settings). [BUG #130909, PITS #7949]
Find Expression Builder:
- Fixed replacing element sets incorrect control type.
- Fixed possible unhandled exception on selecting an element. [BUG #132126]
- Fixed possible unhandled exception on attempt to replace an element. [BUG #132126]
- Fixed unable to see the Validate button unless resizing the window. [BUG #132192]
- Fixed cannot connect to a new page after changing the active element from a different page. [BUG #135821]
- Fixed the "Maximum DOM tree depth exceeded" limitation.
- Fixed DataBinding popup handler step converted to code does not take into account the DataBound value. [BUG #132817]
- Fixed test containing OnBeforeUnload dialog handler converted to code will not compile. [BUG #134470, PITS #8319]
- Fixed WPF dialog handling in code. [BUG #134288, PITS #8306]
Project Elements Selector:
- Added search/sort/filtering options to the Project Element Selector dialog. [BUG #133261]
- Added drop down with all types for "Add New Test" ribbon option.
- Fixed unhandled exception dragging the project node. [BUG #131622]
- Fixed project Save As does nothing.
- Fixed possible unhandled exception in WPF record controller in attempt to launch a recorder with invalid application path. [BUG #131519]
- Fixed unhandled exception on launching new recorder when connecting the WPF recorder to invalid executable (application). [BUG #131609]
- Added link to the documentation API reference in the coded panel. [BUG #131626]
- Fixed unable to clear the step primary and secondary target. [BUG #68886]
- Fixed renaming the assembly from the UserSettings doesn't update the test.TestAssembly resulting in execution error unless the user reloads the project.
- Added the compiler output to the log in case the compiler reports no errors although it doesn't build the .dll for some reason. [BUG #132402, PITS #8097]
- Fixed cannot run test via MSTest problem. [BUG #133987, PITS #8268]
Manual Test Explorer:
- Fixed manual test step text edit not retained; step duplicates. [BUG #132405, PITS #8098]
- Fixed using Delete button to erase selected text in a Manual Test step will remove entire step. [BUG 132399, PITS #8095]
- Fixed attached image not shown until you click inside the RichTextBox within the manual test view. [BUG #135095]
Manual Test Runner:
- Fixed manual test containing automated steps won't launch browser. [BUG #133716]
- Fixed slowdown when looking through details view with lots of perf counters. [BUG #131451]
- Improved labeling in the history view chart. [Bug #128688]
- Fixed cannot save performance configuration if computer name cannot be validated. [BUG #130796]
- Fixed performance steps status and nunmbering is different than actual execution. [BUG #131192]
- Fixed problem with disappearing items of the line graph in History View. [BUG #130652]
- Fixed exporting performance results to Word or Excel not working properly. [BUG 131553, PITS #8003]
- Fixed unhandled exception on get latest of multiple selected items. [BUG #131616]
- Fixed unable to connect to TFS 2008 server if using VS 2008 Team Explorer. [BUG #131864, PITS #8040]
- Fixed Test.GetLatest doesn't update the test content. [BUG #132196]
- Adds an option in the connect dialog to ignore defauls 'tfs' folder. [BUG #118860, PITS #6239]
- Fixed revert option for a Source Controlled test does not immediately undo changes. [BUG #135578, PITS #8393]
- Fixed "Access to path "xxxxx.resx" is denied" error on copy/paste of tests. [BUG #135476]
- Fixed possible unhandled exception on resizing the test lists view. [BUG #121343]
- Fixed unhandled exception on attempt to delete result if its resources are in use by another process. [BUG #131452]
- Fixed result viewer doesn't adjust the items to the available space on expand. [BUG #130609]
- Fixed double-click a result after changing the project may load the Day View without the test results. [BUG #131817]
- Added data iteration message to the grid to be able to easy distinguish between iteration without having to drill-down to the actual iteration result. [Bug #132147]
- Added ability to set relative path to an external assembly. Respects the output folder setting as root folder. [BUG #131984]
Manual Test Explorer:
- Fixed possible unhandled exception on attaching image. [BUG #131873]
- Fixed unable to start the runner in Win XP. [BUG #131688]
- Adds support for FastForward for Firefox and WPF tests.
- Adds an Abort button to be able to abort automated steps execution without interrupting the whole manual test execution. [BUG #130538]
- Improved logging for not executed steps. [BUG #130434]
- Print screen key press during run changed to CTRL + Print Screen to avoid conflicts with other applications. [BUG #130656]
- Added reminder on saving changes before exit. [BUG #130355]
Fixed possible unhandled exception on application close if the system has detected a previous error. [BUG #131624]
- Fixed loading project with name which differs from the project folder results in error.
- Fixed moving a step in the Test Explorer may cause compilation of the project leading to unhandled exception. [BUG #131572]
- Fixed incorrect override of the CopyToOutput option on project load.
- Fixed using VS to debug a coded Silverlight test is difficult due to "Functiontimeout". [BUG #132104, PITS #8064]
- Fixed confusing ability to load hybrid tests (manual/automated) in VS. [BUG #133711]
- Fixed exported to VS project sometimes doesn't load all tests in VS. [BUG #133732]
[RadControls Wrappers for AJAX]
- Added RadInput SimpleInputRendering support.
[RadControls Wrappers for Silverlight/WPF]
- Added WPF RadGridView control wrappers.
- Added RadChartingKit control wrappers.
- Updates popups/child visual trees on drop down open.
- SelectItem() fails gracefully if the drop down is not open to load the items.
- Added RadBarcode control for Silverlight wrappers.
- Fixed RadSlider Increase/Decrease actions fail in WPF.
[RadControls for AJAX Translarors]
- Added RadInput SimpleInputRendering support.
- Fixed RadComboBox selection step code generation. [BUG #132817]
[RadControls Translators for Silverlight/WPF]
- Added WPF RadGridView translators.
- Fixed RadPanelBar incorrectly handles actions for controls inside the item content. [BUG #133255, PITS #8174]
- Fixed RadTreeView incorrectly handles actions for controls inside the item content. [BUG #133553, PITS #8203]
- Fixed RadSlider Increase/Decrease actions fail in WPF.
Kendo UI for jQuery
Kendo UI for Angular
Kendo UI for Vue
Progress Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX
Progress Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core
Progress Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
Progress Telerik UI for JSP
Progress Telerik UI for PHP
Progress Telerik UI for Silverlight
Telerik UI for .NET MAUI
Progress Telerik UI for Xamarin
Progress Telerik UI for WinForms
Progress Telerik UI for WPF
Reporting and QA
Progress Telerik JustMock
Progress Telerik Report Server
Progress Telerik Reporting
Telerik Test Studio
Progress Telerik Fiddler Everywhere
Progress Telerik Fiddler Jam
Progress Telerik Fiddler Classic
Progress Telerik JustDecompile
Progress Testing Framework