Docs & Support
Get A Free Trial
close mobile menu
Data Access Free 2013.2702
July 02, 2013
What's new in Telerik OpenAccess ORM Q2 2013 SP1
Batch Operations Dialog: New operations have been added.
- The Batch Operations dialog now offers automated changes in: DataAccessKind, IdentityType, InheritanceStrategy, UpdateSchema, ProcedureMapping, Field Name, IsIdentity, MemberAccessModifier, IsVersion, IsPrimaryKey, IsBackendCalculated, IsBackendVersion, HasDefaultValue, Converter.
PostgreSQL: Decimal and float auto-incremented primary keys are now supported
LINQ: SqlGeometry support
- Properties mapped to columns of type SqlGeometry can now be used in LINQ queries.
Visual Designer: Solution Explorer context menu is not appearing faster
- If a project contained a lot (hundreds or thousands) of items, the context menu could take several seconds to open.
Add New Item wizard: Not started unless solution explorer initialized
- The wizard was not started if the Solution Explorer tool window is not open or initialized preliminary.
Code Generation: Generation of domain methods with string parameters did not consider the length set for the corresponding property.
- The string length is now read from the schema reader - if there is a value, it is assigned to the OAParameter.Size property. Exceptions: for all variable length string data types like varchar(Max), nvarchar(max), ntext, varchar_2 (Oracle), the size property is set to int.MaxValue.
Code Generation: Problem with domain methods returning complex types
- The generated Visual Basic code was not buildable if the model contained a domain method with complex result type.
Code Generation: Problem with non-primitive properties
- The Visual Basic code generated for a property of a non-primitive type could not be compiled.
Domain Model Validation: Wrong join tables warning
- A warning was shown for join tables that the table is not mapped to a class, although it is used as join table in a many-to-many association.
Dynamic Data Wizard: Model namespace wrongly imported
- The model namespace is now correctly imported in the generated code. This was not done in case of attributes or fluent mapping.
Dynamic Data Wizard: SQLException in horizontal mapping scenarios
- An error was thrown for horizontally mapped base classes: "SQLException: Invalid object name 'XYZ'".
Entity Framework converter: Converting a Model containing a complex type and properties of this type led to an exception
- Converting an EntityFramework model containing complex types now performs a convertion with warnings and adds XML documentation with more details on each of the problematic properties.
Fluent Code Generation wizard: Problem with empty models
- No code was generated when an Empty model is added. Currently the appropriate infrastructure is created.
OpenAccessLinqDataSource: Horizontally mapped classes not supported but shown
- Horizontally mapped base classes are no longer displayed in the configuration wizard of OpenAccessLinqDataSource control. Such setup is not supported by the OpenAccess' runtime.
Oracle: Wrong sql generation for temp table migration
- In cases when the specified table name exeeded the Oracle specific naming limits, the mechanism to generate a temp table migration script was wrong.
Oracle: Wrong handling of 'timepstamp with time zone' column indexes
- Indexes on columns with type 'timestamp with time zone' were not handled correctly and caused the creation of an unnecessary update script.
Runtime: Unable to add an object to the context which is part of a 1:1 relation
- An exception was thrown when an object that is part of a 1:1 relation was added to the context and the composite primary key was specified before adding it to the context.
Runtime: Bulk update exception based on concurrency control
- The update operation could throw an exception when used with a class having "Backend" concurrency control mode.
Runtime: Bulk delete removing data that is not supposed to be deleted in some scenarios
- Bulk delete will no longer try to delete data from referencing tables when the target and the referencing table are in an one-to-many relationship.
Runtime: NullReferenceException when the key generation table is missing
- If a persistent class uses the HIGHLOW key generator but the generation of the key generation table is switched off, a NullReferenceException was thrown when executing the first operation on the database
Runtime: Wrong identity change exceptions when primary keys are shared
- Having composite primary keys that are shared between various references caused wrong identity change exceptions.
Runtime: Handling of potential evictions from second level cache could cause performance issues during Add()
- When an instance A is added to a context, and that instance contains a reference to another existing item B, which has an inverse collection IList, the runtime performs a second level cache evict of B. The implementation is now optimized and takes into account whether an eviction is needed at all.
Visual Designer: NullReferenceException in specific scenarios involving namespace changes
- A NullReferenceException was thrown for Visual Basic projects, if the namespace of a class is changed from Properties tool window and an inheritance or association link is added to the class.
Kendo UI for jQuery
Kendo UI for Angular
Kendo UI for Vue
Progress Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX
Progress Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core
Progress Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
Progress Telerik UI for JSP
Progress Telerik UI for PHP
Progress Telerik UI for Silverlight
Progress Telerik UI for Xamarin
Progress Telerik UI for WinForms
Progress Telerik UI for WPF
Reporting and QA
Progress Telerik JustMock
Progress Telerik Report Server
Progress Telerik Reporting
Telerik Test Studio
Progress Telerik Fiddler
Progress Telerik JustDecompile
Progress Testing Framework