August 2, 2006
What't new in Sitefinity 2.7.1
1. Sitefinity assemblies are now marked with AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute. This allows third-party assemblies make calls to Sitefinity assemblies on ASP.NET servers with trusted level different from FullTrus;
2. Upgraded RadEditor and RadChart;
What't new in Sitefinity 2.7
1. Improved User Controls for Membership Services. The Membership Services functionality is extended. You can now create new projects using the Membership Services in an existing database. Using the new ChangePassword control you can change the password of the current user from the Control Panel.
2. New Access DB providers. Sitefinity includes Access providers for Membership, Role, Profile, etc.
3. Sitefinity setup automatically sets the appropriate permissions for the ASPNET user.
4. Sitefinity Project Manager automatically sets the version of the ASP.NET Framework in IIS for newly created self-contained projects.
5. In Sitefinity 2.7 all self-contained projects are stored in a separate /Sitefinity Sites folder.
6. Support for SQL Express. Now you can create projects that use SQL Express database from the Project Manager.
7. Project Converter Tool. Sitefinity v2.7 provides a tool for easier migration of projects created with versions 2.0 to 2.6.
8. Updated RadControls. Contains the RadControls Q1 2006 Service Pack 2. Includes the latest RadMenu v4.0 (part of Q2 2006) - Telerik RadMenu now implements a highly efficient semantic rendering that uses list items and CSS instead of tables. As a result the HTML output is reduced by up to 70%, which dramatically improves the performance.
9. Support for ASP.NET 2.0 Themes.