Kendo UI for Vue Native ColorPicker Overview
The ColorPicker enables the user to select and submit color values.
The ColorPicker is designed to replace the
<input type="color"> HTML5 tag which is not widely supported in browsers.
The ColorPicker is part of the Kendo UI for Vue Native Inputs component library. The procedures for installing, importing, and using all components in the library are identical. To learn how to use the ColorPicker and the rest of the components in the package, see the Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Vue Native Inputs guide.
- Disabled ColorPicker—You can render a disabled ColorPicker and keep it disabled until certain requirements are met.
- Controlled mode—Take advantage of the built-in options that allow you to control the value of the ColorPicker.
- Default value—You can set an initial value for the ColorPicker.
- Views—You can configure the ColorPicker to render a color gradient, a color palette, or a combination of both.
- Custom ColorPicker—The built-in appearance customization options allow you to adjust the palette and gradient popup to your specific requirements.
- Color Contrast tool—The ColorPicker has a built-in tool verifying the contrast of the selected color.
- Appearance—You can customize the look of the ColorPicker through its built-in properties.
- Keyboard navigation—The ColorPicker supports numerous keyboard shortcuts that allow users to interact with the component.
- Events—The ColorPicker has a number of built-in events available in its API.
- ColorPicker Homepage
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI Vue Inputs
- API Reference of the ColorPicker Component
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Vue - TypeScript (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Vue - TypeScript + Options API (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Vue - Nuxt 3 (Online Guide)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Course for Registered Users)
- ColorPicker Forum
- Knowledge Base
- Kendo UI Productivity Tools extension for VS Code