KendoReact TextArea Overview
The KendoReact TextArea component offers a highly customizable interface for the user to submit value on multiple lines.
Its features cover everything from setting a default value and character counter to form validation.
This demo implements some of the features that are available in the TextArea:
- You can resize the TextArea.
- You can use the character counter to count and limit the input characters.
- You can use the TextArea with form validation.
The TextArea component is part of the KendoReact Inputs component library. The procedures for installing, importing, and using all components in the library are identical. To learn how to use the TextArea and the rest of the components in the package, see the Getting Started with the KendoReact Inputs guide.
- Disabled TextArea—You can render a disabled TextArea component and keep it disabled until certain requirements are met.
- Controlled mode—Take advantage of the built-in options that allow you to control the value of the TextArea.
- Default state—The TextArea allows you to set its default value.
- Sizing—You can configure the auto size option and the initial height of the TextArea.
- Characters Counter—The TextArea component is easily customizable and allows you to integrate it with a character counter.
- Forms support—You can easily integrate the TextArea with an HTML5 form, a KendoReact Form, or a third-party React form library.
- Globalization—The KendoReact TextArea comes with globalization features that allow you to create applications that can be used all over the world.