Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
378 views
Is there a way to achieve the following:
I want to have a grid with AutoSizeColumnsMode set to Fill, but I want for example one column twice the width of the others.
E.g. I have 2 column. The first should take 1/3 of the space, the second 2/3.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2013
10 answers
540 views
HI all,

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong here.   I can't get any of the above working in my project.

If I set ShowPanZoom = true; I still can't pan or zoom (I've tried directly adding the controller)

If I try to add tool tips, that fails too..  Here's my code:

            rcvMain.Controllers.Add(new ChartTooltipController());

Smart Labels also gives the same thing.

Is there something else I need to enable to get any/all of these working?

Thanks!

Rob.
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2013
0 answers
163 views
Hi telerik,

i have a scenario that based on the check box selection in the grid row ,one of the cell in the row should be editable.

i tried the below code but not works
void radGridView1_CellBeginEdit(object sender, GridViewCellCancelEventArgs e) 
{ 
    if ((int)this.radGridView1.CurrentRow.Cells[2].Value < 10) 
    { 
        e.Cancel = true; 
    } 
} 

in the attached image if i check the checkbox column,i should able to edit the column3.other wise the other columns should be readonly..

please assist me.

Note: am working for a company where they purchased licensed telerik winforms product..

Thanks
Dev.
deva subramanian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 05 Jul 2013
4 answers
359 views
Seems that since I've upgraded the ExportToExcelML command has been failing on me.  It creates a file no problem, but I'm getting an "Excel cannot open the file 'blah.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid." error.

Here is what I'm doing (and this worked prior to the recent upgrade)


void btnExportExcel_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    this.SaveFileDialog.Filter = "Excel Workbook (*.xlsx) |*.xlsx|Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls)|*.xls";
 
    if (this.SaveFileDialog.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK)
    {
        ExportToExcelML exporter = new ExportToExcelML(this.dgResults);
        exporter.HiddenColumnOption = Telerik.WinControls.UI.Export.HiddenOption.DoNotExport;
        exporter.ExportVisualSettings = true;
        exporter.SheetName = this.GridTitle;
         
        if (Path.GetExtension(this.SaveFileDialog.FileName) == ".xls")
        {
            exporter.FileExtension = "xls";
            exporter.SheetMaxRows = ExcelMaxRows._65536;
        }
        else
        {
            exporter.FileExtension = "xlsx";
            exporter.SheetMaxRows = ExcelMaxRows._1048576;
        }
 
        try
        {
            this.lblReady.Text = "Exporting to Excel...";
            this.StatusStrip.Refresh();
            using (new UtilLib.Winforms.WaitCursor())
            {
                exporter.RunExport(this.SaveFileDialog.FileName);
            }
        }
        catch (Exception ex) { UtilLib.Winforms.Feedback.DisplayError(ex); }
        finally
        {
            this.lblReady.Text = "Ready";
        }
    }
}

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?  

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2013
3 answers
291 views
Hello...

I am attempting to get a RadWaitingBar to work in a RadStatusStrip and having some issues...  my status strip is build like this...

RadWaitingBar (200px) |  RadLabelElement (Spring) | RadLabelElement (200px)

I found the article of putting the RadWaitingBar in a RadHostItem at...

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/statusstrip/radwaitingbar-in-radstatusstrip.aspx

and followed the instructions but still the center LabelElement is over-springing all the way to the left underneath the RadHost + RadWaitingBar...

I am building this entirely in code due to the RadHostItem...

private RadWaitingBar waitingBar = new RadWaitingBar(); 
private RadLabelElement _statusLabelElementCenter= new RadLabelElement(); 
private RadLabelElement _statusLabelElementRight= new RadLabelElement(); 
 
waitingBar.BeginInit();  
waitingBar.Size = new Size(200, 16);  
waitingBar.MinimumSize = new Size(200, 16);   
waitingBar.MaximumSize = new Size(200, 16); 
waitingBar.EndInit(); 
 
statusLabelElementCenter.AutoSize = true; 
statusLabelElementCenter.Margin = new System.Windows.Forms.Padding(1); 
statusLabelElementCenter.Text = "Here is some really long text that shows how the controls are overlapped."; 
 
statusLabelElementRight.AutoSize = false; 
statusLabelElementRight.Size = new Size(200, 16); 
statusLabelElementRight.Margin = new System.Windows.Forms.Padding(1); 
statusLabelElementRight.Text = "Right Label"; 
 
//WaitingBar in RadHostItem, RadHostItem in PanelElement, based 
//upon suggestions in previous post. 
RadStatusBarPanelElement stripPanel = new RadStatusBarPanelElement(); 
stripPanel.Size = new Size(200, 16); 
stripPanel.Padding = new Padding(0); 
stripPanel.Children.Add(new RadHostItem(waitingBar)); 
 
radStatusStrip1.BeginInit(); 
radStatusStrip1.Items.Add(stripPanel); 
radStatusStrip1.Items.Add(statusLabelElementCenter); 
radStatusStrip1.Items.Add(statusLabelElementRight); 
radStatusStrip1.SetSpring(statusLabelElementCenter, true); 
radStatusStrip1.EndInit(); 




when I run this... I get the following (attached image).... as you can see, the RadWaitingBar is on top of the center LabelElement.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2013
1 answer
141 views

Hi,

I am Have problem regarding radScheduler in Windows Application.
ex: I have added custom Email filed in appointment dialoge box , now I want to show this custom email in main radScheduler window where all appointment are listed by day view , month view etc... i have see so many example related to custom field in RadScheduler, but in all example no one can display the custom Filed in main radscheduler window ...... Its Urgent  Pls Help



George
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2013
3 answers
161 views
Hello supportteam,

according to the article "Create pop-up user control for row editing" we implemented a UserControl acting as a roweditor, which is hosted in a RadMenuHostItem by a Custom cell - all works fine. As proposed in the example the editor control is instantiated in a RadGridView.CreateCell event handler.

Now the problem: When I remove a row from the grid and add a new one the CreatedCell handler will not be called, I guess because there is no need hence the grid receycles the removed row to display the new one (Virtual mode).

Is there a way to suppres "receyling" of gridrows, so CreatedCell is fired all the time I call RadGridView.Rows.AddRow? Performance is not a not problem as the the number of rows will be just a few.

Best regards &
Thanks for any advice,
Oliver
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2013
16 answers
549 views
I'm having trouble implementing DragDrop to sequence the ListViewDataItems.  I've seen the forum entry from 2011 about enabling DragDrop and I voted for that feature.  I see the DragDrop event in ListView but it doesn't seem to fire.  Is this feature coming soon or am I failing to implement it correctly?

The attached picture should help clarify this.  I also want to:
2. Hide borders on ListViews.
3. Use some type of panel (FlowLayoutPanel or Rad anything) where I can prevent a horizontal scrollbar from appearing but show the vertical scrollbar.
4. Put some kind of label above the ListView that implements the current theme (backcolor, backcolor2, backcolor3, backcolor4) like RadButton or the text area on the ToolWindow.
5. Control the location of text (and Images) on the ListViewDataItem so I can move it (them) to the right some x pixels.


Thank you,
Gary
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jul 2013
1 answer
125 views
Using the RichRibbonBar, I get an error any time I use the "Save" button. I don't get the error when using "Save As". This happens when using the QuickAccessToolbar or the File menu.

The error is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." in this Sub on the line "Me.SaveDocument(button.Tag.ToString())"
Private Sub buttonSave_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    Dim button As RadButton = TryCast(sender, RadButton)
    Me.BackstageControl.HidePopup()
    Me.SaveDocument(button.Tag.ToString())
End Sub

George
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2013
1 answer
319 views
I put a ListView with ViewMode.DetailsView next to a GridView.  I made one of the two columns not visible.  I'd like the visible column's column header to have the same appearance (color) as the column headers in that GridView.  How do I do that?

Thank you,
Gary
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?